Diminutive in stature yet possessing keen eyes and exceptional stealth, the abhuman Ratlings fulfill a crucial role within the ranks of the Astra Militarum as exceptional snipers. Legends speak of their uncanny ability to effortlessly eliminate heretics, precisely striking their targets from distances exceeding a mile with their rifles. Beyond their proficiency with long-range weaponry, Ratlings excel as infiltrators and forward scouts, their small size and nimbleness allowing them to observe the enemy undetected.
Within this pack, you will find a set of five metal miniatures, assembling a formidable Ratling squad. These sharpshooters are enlisted as auxiliaries by the Astra Militarum, providing deadly accuracy on the battlefield. Each individual model is armed with a precision sniper rifle, ready to unleash devastating firepower upon their foes. Additionally, every Ratling miniature possesses its own distinct pose, further enhancing the dynamic nature of the squad.
What’s in the Ratlings box
- x5 metal miniatures: This kit includes five metal miniatures, allowing you to create a complete squad of Ratlings. These deadly sharpshooters are fielded as auxiliaries by the Astra Militarum, providing exceptional long-range firepower to support your army.Every Ratling miniature within the kit has its own unique pose. This adds variety and dynamism to the squad, making each model visually distinct and enhancing the overall visual appeal of your army
- x5 Sniper rifles: Each Ratling model is equipped with a sniper rifle, emphasizing their role as precision marksmen. These rifles enable them to engage targets with deadly accuracy from a distance, making them a formidable force on the battlefield.
- x5 Citadel 25mm Round Bases: The kit is supplied with 5x Citadel 25mm Round Bases. These bases provide a stable and uniform foundation for your Ratling miniatures. They are designed to fit seamlessly into the Warhammer 40,000 gaming system and are compatible with other models of the same base size.
How to paint the Ratlings set
- Step 1: Prime the miniatures
Apply a base coat of grey or black primer to ensure better paint adherence.
- Step 2: Base coat the clothing
Using a brush, apply a base coat of Death Guard Green or similar color to the clothing of the Ratlings.
- Step 3: Paint the skin
Carefully paint the exposed skin areas with a base coat of a light flesh tone, such as Cadian Fleshtone.
- Step 4: Highlight the clothing
Using a lighter shade, like Zandri Dust, gently apply highlights to the raised areas of the clothing, emphasizing folds and creases.
- Step 5: Detail the weapons
Paint the sniper rifles using colors like Mechanicus Standard Grey for the metal parts and XV-88 for the wooden components. Add details using brighter colors, such as Brass Scorpion, for small accents.
- Step 6: Add wash for shading
Apply a wash, like Agrax Earthshade, to the entire miniature, focusing on recessed areas to create depth and shadow.
- Step 7: Highlight the skin
Using a lighter flesh tone, such as Kislev Flesh, carefully highlight the raised areas of the skin to bring out the details and add depth.
- Step 8: Paint the details
Use a small brush to paint the finer details, such as belts, pouches, and facial features, using appropriate colors like Abaddon Black, Balthasar Gold, or Rhinox Hide.
- Step 9: Base the miniatures
Paint the base using a suitable color, such as Astrogranite texture paint, and add static grass or tufts for added realism.
- Step 10: Varnish for protection (optional)
Apply a protective coat of varnish to shield the paintwork from wear and tear (optional but recommended).