Baneblade Brown paint from Citadel Colour is a rich and robust foundation color for miniature painting. This acrylic paint has a matt finish and is perfect for base coating miniatures. The pigments used in this paint provide excellent coverage and make it a great choice for beginners looking to add a warm and natural color to their palette. The paint has a natural and earthy undertone, great for painting wood, leather and fabric surfaces of miniatures and terrain. The paint dries to an even finish, making it easy to work with, and can be layered or blended to create a variety of different shades.
What armies to paint with Baneblade Brown
The decision to list these armies as suitable for Baneblade Brown was made as they are some of the most popular armies among the Imperium factions, they have quite a lot of machinery and tanks, and infantry.
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the most iconic factions of the Warhammer 40K universe and is known for its heavy use of tanks and infantry. Baneblade Brown is a perfect choice for painting the wooden parts of the Imperial Guard’s tanks, as well as the wood-like elements of the terrain and buildings.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – Another faction of the Imperium, the Adeptus Mechanicus, is known for its advanced technology and machinery. Baneblade Brown is a great choice for painting the leather and fabric elements of the Adeptus Mechanicus’ tanks, as well as the robes of the Tech-Priests who lead them.
- Space Marines – The Space Marines are the elite soldiers of the Imperium, known for their heavy armor and powerful guns. Baneblade Brown can be used to paint the leather elements of the Space Marines’ equipment, such as belts and straps, as well as the wooden parts of their vehicles, such as the handles of their weapons and the steering wheels of their tanks.
The color is versatile and can be used to paint a lot of different surfaces, making it a great choice for painting these armies. The color is quite natural looking, so it would give the armies a realistic look, providing a great visual impact.
Baneblade Brown Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on color theory, it was decided to list these particular hues since they are recognized to blend well together and provide a harmonious balance of hues, as well as a dynamic and intriguing appearance.
- Averland Sunset – Averland Sunset is an orange paint that can be used to create highlights and contrast against the Baneblade Brown. It can also be used to create a striking orange and brown color combo.
- Wrack White – Wrack White is a pale white paint that can be used to create highlights and shadows on the Baneblade Brown. It can also be used to create a realistic and natural looking wood effect.
- Ironbreaker – Ironbreaker is a metallic silver paint that can be used to highlight and add dimension to the Baneblade Brown. The silver color creates a complementary contrast that adds balance and interest to the brown.
Orange and white are perfect for adding contrast and depth to the brown and silver is great for adding highlights and dimension to the brown. These colours can be used to create a variety of different effects, depending on how they are used, making them a great choice to use together with Baneblade Brown.