Wrack White is a versatile paint from Citadel Colour that is designed specifically for miniature painting. This paint features a smooth, matt finish that provides excellent coverage, making it an ideal choice for use as a base coat. The pigments in this acrylic paint are carefully selected to produce a bright, clean white hue that is ideal for creating highlights and creating a foundation for other colours. For those new to miniature painting, Wrack White is an excellent choice due to its easy-to-use formula and high level of versatility.
What armies to paint with Wrack White
Wrack White is a versatile paint from Citadel Colour, making it a great choice for several Warhammer 40K armies. The decision to list the following armies was made based on their common themes and colour schemes, where Wrack White can be used as a primary or secondary color.
- Imperial Guard – Wrack White is a classic color for the Imperial Guard army, often used as a basecoat for the white armor and uniforms of the soldiers and machinery. It provides a solid foundation for the army’s clean and crisp appearance.
- Space Marines – Wrack White is a popular choice for Space Marine armies, adding to the army’s pure and holy themes with its bright and luminous finish. It can be used as a basecoat or as highlights on armor and weapons, making the army stand out on the battlefield.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – Wrack White fits well with the Adeptus Mechanicus army’s color scheme, complementing the army’s brass and bronze tones and adding an extra layer of shine to the mechanical elements of the army. With its smooth application and coverage, it is a great choice for painting the intricate details of the army’s infantry and tanks.
Wrack White Colour Schemes & Combinations
Wrack White works well with the Citadel Colours of copper, blue, and bone to produce a pleasing and eye-catching color scheme for your tiny models. Copper and blue are complementary colors on the color wheel, and bone serves as a neutral tone that may be utilized to balance the palette. This combination was designed with color theory in mind.
- Use “Warplock Bronze” by Citadel Colour to create copper. This paint has a metallic sheen that gives your miniatures a rich, warm tone and may be used to draw attention to particulars like armor and machinery.
- You can use the blue paint “Regal Blue” by Citadel Colors. With the Wrack White base coat, the deep and rich colour of this paint can be utilized to add a splash of color to your army.
- Finally, you can use the Citadel Color paint “Bleached Bone” to simulate bone. This paint’s neutral hue can serve as the basis for the remaining colors in your color scheme, bringing them all together in a pleasing harmony.
By using these colors together with Wrack White, you can create a unique and eye-catching color palette for your Warhammer 40K army. The metallic finish of Warplock Bronze, the bold hue of Regal Blue, and the neutral balance of Bleached Bone all work together to create a winning color combo for your miniatures.