Etherium Blue is a stunning shade of blue from the Citadel Colour paint range, designed specifically for miniature painting. This acrylic-based paint is made with a mix of high-quality pigments that produce a smooth and even matt finish. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced miniature painter, Etherium Blue provides excellent coverage, making it a great foundation for your next masterpiece. Whether you are looking to create a deep, rich blue or a light, airy sky, Etherium Blue is the perfect shade for adding depth and vibrancy to your miniatures.
What armies to paint with Etherium Blue
Etherium Blue is a beautiful and versatile paint from Citadel Colour, perfect for bringing out the details and highlights on Warhammer 40K armies. Here are three factions that would be great candidates for an Etherium Blue paint scheme:
- Space Marines: This noble army is always a popular choice for painters and Etherium Blue is a great color to use for the armor and weapons of the Space Marines. It’s a bright and vibrant blue that would really stand out against the metallic armor, making for a striking contrast.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus army are a great candidate for Etherium Blue as it pairs well with their sleek and futuristic machinery. The blue pigment creates a sense of cold efficiency, adding to the look of their technological might.
- T’au Empire: The T’au Empire is a xenos race known for their advanced technology and Etherium Blue would be a great choice for their weapons, tanks and other machinery. The shade of blue is bright, yet calming and can create a balance between the high-tech look of their equipment and the organic look of their infantry.
In conclusion, the decision to list these factions was made based on the compatibility of Etherium Blue with the overall look and feel of each army. The vibrant and eye-catching shade of blue is perfect for bringing out the details and highlights of armor, machinery and weaponry, making it an excellent choice for Warhammer 40K painters.
Etherium Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
Etherium Blue, a stunning shade of blue from Citadel Colour, can be paired with a variety of colors to create striking and balanced paint schemes. When deciding on colors to complement Etherium Blue, the following three colors: Red, White, and Silver, were selected based on color theory principles.
- Red is a complementary color to blue, creating a high-contrast look when used together. A great example of a red paint that would work well with Etherium Blue is Mephiston Red. This intense, blood-red hue can be used to create bold accents or as the main color for an army.
- White provides a neutral base for Etherium Blue, helping to balance the overall color scheme. A great example of a white paint that would work well with Etherium Blue is Skull White. This classic color is a staple in the miniature painting world, and provides a bright and clean base for highlighting or as a neutral background for other colors.
- Silver can be utilized to create metallic highlights for Etherium Blue, giving the entire color palette a dash of glitz and glitter. Runefang Steel is a superb illustration of a silver paint that might blend beautifully with Etherium Blue. A believable and unified army can be produced by using this shining silver color to simulate the appearance of metal on weapons, armor, and tanks.