The Astorath Red paint from Citadel Colour is a striking addition to any miniature painting palette. Its rich pigments deliver vibrant, eye-catching hues that are sure to make a bold statement on the tabletop. With its smooth, acrylic formula and excellent coverage, Astorath Red is a beginner-friendly choice that provides a solid foundation for building up layers of color. This paint dries to a beautiful matt finish, adding depth and dimension to miniatures with its intense, fiery shade. Astorath Red is the perfect choice for those looking to add a pop of color to their miniatures and set them ablaze with life.
What Armies of Chaos to paint with Astorath Red
In the Warhammer 40K universe, there are many factions and armies of Chaos that can benefit from the use of Astorath Red. Three armies that are particularly well-suited to this paint are the Khorne Berserkers, the Thousand Sons, and the Blood Pact.
- The Khorne Berserkers, driven by a thirst for violence, are often depicted with red armor and weapons. Astorath Red will help to bring out the blood and gore on their bodies and armor, further emphasizing their brutal nature.
- The Thousand Sons, as sorcerers and mutants, often have a more regal and ceremonial appearance. Astorath Red can be used to bring out the detail and intricacies of their armor and machinery, adding a sense of magic and power to their army.
- Finally, the Blood Pact, known for their discipline and precise tactics, are depicted with a mix of red and black. Astorath Red will help to bring out the red accents on their armor and guns, adding a sense of cohesion and uniformity to the army.
These are just a few examples of the many ways Astorath Red can be used to bring the armies of Chaos to life in the Warhammer 40K universe.
Astorath Red Colour Schemes & Combinations
Finding the ideal color combination to go with Astorath Red is essential when using Citadel Colors to paint. Utilizing split-complementary or complementary colors might help your miniature achieve balance and intrigue according to color theory.
We suggest the purple, yellow, and bone tones below to complement Astorath Red:
- Purple: The deep, regal hue of Genestealer Purple provides a great complementary colour to Astorath Red, creating a visually striking contrast.
- Yellow: The bright, sunny hue of Yriel Yellow will add a pop of warm colour to the mix, and can be used to highlight the fiery red tones of Astorath Red.
- Bone: The neutral, bone-like shade of Zandri Dust can be used to create highlights and shadows, helping to bring out the detail and dimension in the red tones of Astorath Red.
You may give your miniatures a vibrant and eye-catching color scheme by combining these hues with Astorath Red while maintaining the proper harmony between complimentary and analogous hues. This color combination will help you create the right look for your miniatures whether you’re a novice or an expert.