The Martian Ironcrust paint from Citadel Colour is a warm, rusty brown shade, the perfect foundation for miniature painting projects with a mechanical or industrial feel. With its fine-ground pigments and smooth, even application, this paint provides excellent coverage, making it ideal for beginners looking to start their painting journey. The matt finish of this acrylic-based paint adds an earthy, textured quality to your work, creating an essential base coat for adding dimension and depth to your miniatures. It’s a must-have colour in any miniature painting palette, providing a solid foundation for creating complex, layered colour combinations.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Martian Ironcrust
Martian Ironcrust is a deep, rusty red paint from Citadel Colours that can be used to create a rugged and weathered look for your Warhammer 40K Armies of the Imperium miniatures. Here are three armies that you can paint with Martian Ironcrust to achieve the desired effect:
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard are the backbone of the Imperium, and Martian Ironcrust can be used to paint their armor plates and tanks to give them a rugged and battle-worn appearance.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus is a faction of the Imperium that specializes in the maintenance and operation of the Imperium’s machines. Martian Ironcrust can be used to paint their machinery and weapons to give them a rusty, industrial look.
- Space Marines: Space Marines are the premier fighting force of the Imperium, and Martian Ironcrust can be used to paint their armor and weapons to give them a more militaristic and battle-scarred appearance. By using Martian Ironcrust in conjunction with other metallic and black paints, you can create a unique and striking look for your Space Marine army.
If you want to create contrast while pairing colors with Martian Ironcrust, you can think about utilizing complementary colors like blues and greens, or similar colors like browns and oranges. You can give your miniatures a lively and realistic appearance by balancing colors and shadows.
Martian Ironcrust Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to pairing Martian Ironcrust with other Citadel Colour paints, there are several options that will create a visually appealing combination. By using color theory, the idea is to select hues that complement the metallic and rusty tones of Martian Ironcrust, bringing balance and harmony to your miniature painting. Here’s a list of red, gold, and purple paints that work well with Martian Ironcrust:
- Mephiston Red – This bold red shade is a perfect complementary color to Martian Ironcrust, as it will enhance the rusty and metallic tones of the base coat.
- Shining Gold – This metallic gold paint will add a touch of elegance and luxury to your miniatures, creating an eye-catching contrast with Martian Ironcrust.
- Genestealer Purple – This dark purple hue is a split-complementary color to Martian Ironcrust, meaning it lies on the opposite side of the color wheel, creating a visually striking contrast.
When selecting these colors, it’s important to consider how they will work together on your miniature’s armor, machinery, and guns, bringing depth, texture, and dimension to your army. Using these paint combinations will create an aesthetically pleasing and cohesive look for your Warhammer 40K armies.