Genestealer Purple is a deep and rich acrylic paint from Citadel Colour, designed specifically for miniature painting. It is a vibrant and striking color that is perfect for use as a base coat, providing a strong foundation for other colors to be layered on top. The pigments used in Genestealer Purple are carefully selected to provide excellent coverage and a smooth matt finish, making it a great choice for both beginners and experienced painters alike. It is a versatile color that can be added to any miniature painting palette for a touch of striking purple.
What armies to paint with Genestealer Purple
- Tyranids: Genestealer Purple is a great option for painting the Tyranid army in the Warhammer 40K universe. This faction is known for its bio-mechanical soldiers and machinery, and Genestealer Purple is perfect for creating a sense of otherworldly, alien-like appearance on the models.
- Chaos Space Marines: Another army that can benefit from the use of Genestealer Purple is the Chaos Space Marines. This faction is known for its heavily armored soldiers and machinery, and Genestealer Purple can be used to create a sense of dark, corrupted power on the models.
- Necrons: The Necrons army can also use Genestealer Purple to great effect. The purple color can be used to paint the Necron’s robotic-looking armor, giving them a sense of otherworldly, mysterious and ancient appearance.
These three armies were chosen for inclusion because they have a similar style in the Warhammer 40K universe. Genestealer Purple can aid to emphasize that vibe on the figures because they are all typically dark and otherworldly. Genestealer Purple can also be utilized to foster a sense of cohesion among the various components of each army, including the infantry, tanks, and weapons
Genestealer Purple Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on color theory and the ideas of complementary, split-complementary, and analogous hues, it was decided to list these particular paints.
- Leadbelcher: A metallic paint that can be used as a highlight for Genestealer Purple, providing a great contrast in color and texture.
- Balthasar Gold: Another metallic paint that can be used as a highlight for Genestealer Purple, providing a warm and rich contrast.
- White Scar: A great option for highlights and for creating a sense of balance when combined with Genestealer Purple.
Since Genestealer Purple is primarily purple, applying these hues as highlights and shadows will establish a harmony, enhance the purple’s prominence, and give the miniature a more vibrant, lifelike appearance. The metallic hues will give the miniature more reality and aid in establishing a sense of cohesion among its various components