Praxeti White is a versatile paint from Citadel Colour, ideal for serving as a base coat or for highlighting certain areas on a miniature. This paint is a high-quality acrylic, containing fine pigments for an even, matt finish that is perfect for miniature painting. It provides excellent coverage, making it ideal for beginners who are just starting out with the hobby. When applied, it lays down a strong foundation for the rest of your color palette, allowing you to achieve a clean, professional-looking result.
What armies to paint with Praxeti White
There are several Warhammer 40K factions that can be painted with Praxeti White. As an expert in the field, I have found that the following armies are well-suited for use with this paint:
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is a formidable force in the Warhammer 40K universe, and the use of Praxeti White as a base coat on their armor and machinery gives them a clean and pristine look. The bright white contrasts well with the darker colors often used for the Guard’s vehicles and equipment, and adds a sharp edge to the army’s appearance.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The Adeptus Mechanicus is a tech-priest faction, and their soldiers and machines are often adorned with intricate details and mechanical components. The use of Praxeti White as a base coat for these details provides a clean and crisp foundation for further painting, and helps bring out the intricate details on their models.
- Space Marines – Space Marines are the quintessential army of the Imperium, and Praxeti White provides a perfect base for the iconic blue and black power armor. The bright white helps to highlight the sharp edges and curves of the armor, and contrasts well with the deeper colors often used for their equipment and weaponry.
These are just a few of the many armies that can be painted with Praxeti White, and the decision to list these factions was made based on the balance of color and contrast that this paint provides, as well as its ability to serve as a strong foundation for further painting and detailing.
Praxeti White Colour Schemes & Combinations
When choosing colors to pair with Praxeti White, it’s important to consider the color theory principles of complementary, split-complementary, and analogous hues. By pairing Praxeti White with vibrant and contrasting shades like pink, orange, and teal, you can create striking color combinations that highlight the purity of the white.
- For pink, consider using the Citadel Colour paint called Pink Horror. This vivid shade provides a high contrast with Praxeti White, creating a bold and eye-catching look.
- A good orange that fits Praxeti White would be the Citadel Colour paint called Fire Dragon Bright. This warm hue provides a complementary color to Praxeti White and adds a pop of energy to your miniature painting.
- Finally, for teal, the Citadel Colour paint called Sotek Green is a great option. This shade falls within the analogous color range of Praxeti White and provides a complementary balance to the palette, while also creating a unique and vivid look. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced miniature painter, these color combinations will give your armies a striking and cohesive look in the Warhammer 40K universe.