Citadel Colour’s White Scar spray paint is an excellent choice for painting models with a clean, crisp white finish. This high-quality spray paint provides excellent coverage and is perfect for priming your miniatures before adding further layers of paint. Whether you’re a seasoned miniature painter or a beginner just starting out, the easy-to-use spray nozzle and smooth formula make it a breeze to apply. So, if you’re looking for a reliable white spray paint that will help you achieve stunning results, White Scar is definitely worth considering.
What armies to paint with White Scar – Spray
As a seasoned painter in the Warhammer 40K universe, I highly recommend using Citadel Colour’s White Scar spray paint for a variety of factions and armies. Its clean white finish is perfect for armies that feature lighter-colored armor or soldiers, and it also provides an excellent base for highlighting and shading. Here are three armies that I recommend painting with White Scar:
- Space Marines: As the iconic soldiers of the Imperium, Space Marines are known for their sleek power armor and advanced weaponry. Painting them with White Scar can give them a clean, polished look that highlights their heroic status.
- Adeptus Custodes: The Adeptus Custodes are the guardians of the Emperor himself, and their gold armor is instantly recognizable on the battlefield. By using White Scar as a base coat for their armor, you can achieve a bright, reflective gold finish that really makes them stand out.
- Astra Militarum: The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, is the backbone of the Imperium’s military forces. Their tanks, guns, and infantry all benefit from a uniform white base coat, which can help tie together the army’s disparate units into a cohesive whole.
In making these recommendations, I considered the factions and armies that are known for having lighter-colored armor or soldiers, as well as those that have a large number of vehicles or machinery that could benefit from a uniform base coat. Additionally, I drew on my own experience as a painter to suggest armies that I have personally painted with White Scar and achieved excellent results.
White Scar – Spray Colour Schemes & Combinations
When choosing Citadel Colour paints to use in conjunction with White Scar spray, it’s important to consider color theory and balance. Here are three paints that I recommend pairing with White Scar:
- Mephiston Red: As a complementary color to green, red is a popular choice for painting armies like the Blood Angels and Khorne Berserkers. Pairing White Scar with Mephiston Red can help create a striking contrast that really makes the red pop.
- Hashut Copper: For armies with metallic elements, such as the Iron Warriors or Necron warriors, a copper hue can be a great addition. Hashut Copper is a great choice as a split-complementary color to blue, and can be used to add a touch of warmth and shine to metallic areas.
- Abaddon Black: Black is an essential color for painting details and creating shadows. By using White Scar as a base coat and Abaddon Black for highlights and shadows, you can achieve a balanced and nuanced color combo that really pops.
In choosing these paints, I drew on color theory and the principles of complementary and split-complementary colors. By pairing colors that are opposite or adjacent to each other on the color wheel, you can create a cohesive and visually interesting color scheme.
Additionally, I considered the metallic elements in certain armies and chose a copper hue that would complement those colors. Finally, I recommended Abaddon Black as a way to add depth and shadow to the color scheme, creating a balanced and dynamic finished product.