Soulstone Blue from Citadel Colour is a deep and intense blue hue that provides a striking foundation for miniature painting projects. This high-quality acrylic paint has a smooth, matt finish and is made with premium pigments, making it perfect for providing full coverage with a single coat. Ideal for both beginner and experienced painters, Soulstone Blue adds a bold pop of color to your palette, making it a versatile choice for a variety of miniatures, including armor, machinery, and infantry. The richness and depth of this color makes it a popular choice for a range of Warhammer 40K factions and armies.
What Space Marine armies to paint with Soulstone Blue
The Warhammer 40K universe is filled with various factions of Space Marines, each with their unique armor and colours. When it comes to painting your army with Soulstone Blue, there are three factions that come to mind, each with their own distinct style and aesthetic.
- Ultramarines: The Ultramarines are one of the most well-known Space Marine factions, known for their striking blue and gold color scheme. When painting your Ultramarine army with Soulstone Blue, you can use it as the primary color for the armor, while using gold for the trim and details. This combination creates a regal and sophisticated look that is true to the Ultramarine’s image as a proud and noble chapter.
- Blood Angels: The Blood Angels are a Space Marine faction known for their fiery passion and unyielding spirit. When painting your Blood Angel army with Soulstone Blue, you can use it as a secondary color, either as a highlight or to create a gradient effect. Combining it with black, silver, and red will create a striking contrast and make your Blood Angels truly stand out on the battlefield.
- Dark Angels: The Dark Angels are a secretive Space Marine faction with a brooding and enigmatic personality. When painting your Dark Angel army with Soulstone Blue, you can use it as a highlight color to bring out the details in their armor and weapons. Pairing it with black, silver, and brown will create a somber and menacing look that truly embodies the mysterious nature of the Dark Angels.
Soulstone Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
When looking to paint miniatures with Soulstone Blue, there are several Citadel Colour paints that can complement it to create a balanced and eye-catching colour scheme.
- Yellow is a great option to use with Soulstone Blue as it is its complementary color on the color wheel. This creates a strong contrast between the two colours, making them stand out against each other. Yellow can be achieved with the paint called “Auric Armour Gold“. This paint provides a bright and vibrant hue that will help bring the blues to life and give the miniatures a pop of energy.
- Silver is a versatile metallic color that can be used to highlight the blues, creating a sleek and futuristic look. This can be achieved with the paint “Runefang Steel“. Its cool tone will complement the blue, creating a harmonious palette. Additionally, the metallic finish will give the armor and weapons a shining, polished appearance.
- Finally, brown is a warm color that can be used to create shadows and add depth to the blue. A good paint to achieve this is “Dryad Bark“. Its earthy tone will balance the cool blues, creating a well-rounded color scheme. By using brown in the shadows and crevices, the miniatures will look more three-dimensional and grounded.