The Agrellan Badland paint from Citadel Colour is an acrylic paint with a unique matt finish that provides excellent foundation coverage for miniatures. This earthy, warm tone serves as a base coat for many miniature painting projects, acting as a perfect blank canvas to start building upon. The pigments in Agrellan Badland are carefully selected to provide the right balance of warmth and neutrality, making it a versatile choice for many painting palettes. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced miniature painter, Agrellan Badland is a valuable addition to your colour palette.
What armies to paint with Agrellan Badland
When painting Xeno armies in the Warhammer 40K universe, Agrellan Badland can be a great choice for base coats. This paint has a rich, earthy tone that can bring out the gritty, battle-worn look of a faction’s armor and machinery. The following are three armies that can be effectively painted with Agrellan Badland:
- The Tyranids – This insectoid army is known for their biologically engineered weapons and armor, and Agrellan Badland provides a suitable base color to show the age and wear on these surfaces.
- The Necrons – As a faction of ancient robots, the Necrons can benefit from a base coat of Agrellan Badland to give the impression of being unearthed from the depths of a barren planet.
- The Orks – Orks are a rough-and-tumble army, and Agrellan Badland provides a perfect base color for their makeshift weapons and armor, giving the impression that they have been cobbled together from the scraps of a barren wasteland.
In general, the choice to paint these specific armies with Agrellan Badland was made because the paint’s earthy, grounding tone adds a level of realism and believability to the appearance of the factions and their machinery.
Agrellan Badland Colour Schemes & Combinations
When choosing colors to use in combination with Agrellan Badland, you can consider the following list of Citadel Colour paints:
- Mephiston Red – A bright, intense red pigment that can be used to bring out the fiery aspects of Agrellan Badland, creating a high-contrast color scheme.
- Eshin Grey – A cool, neutral grey that can be used to create shadows and highlights, bringing balance and depth to the overall color scheme.
- Xereus Purple – A deep, rich purple hue that can complement the red and black tones in Agrellan Badland, creating a split-complementary color scheme.
These colors were selected based on the principles of color theory and complementary color combinations. The use of a bright red, neutral grey, and deep purple creates a bold and intense color palette, perfect for creating a striking appearance on Warhammer 40K Xeno Armies. These colors can be used to add highlights and shadows, bringing depth and balance to the overall color scheme.