Dawnstone is a light, almost white, grey paint from Citadel Colour’s Air Paint line. It is an acrylic paint that dries to a matte finish and is formulated with pigments that provide excellent coverage. It is a versatile paint that can be used as a base coat for miniature painting or as a foundation color for more advanced techniques. It is a great paint for beginners as it provides a solid foundation for building up more complex layers of color on your miniature. The light, almost white, grey color of Dawnstone can be used to create a neutral base that can be built upon with other colors on your palette.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Dawnstone – Air Paint
- Adeptus Mechanicus – Adeptus Mechanicus is one of the Armies of the Imperium in the Warhammer 40K universe. Dawnstone is a great paint to use as a base coat for the metallic armor and machinery of the Adeptus Mechanicus. It provides a neutral base that can be built upon with other colors to create a realistic, weathered look on the models.
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the most diverse armies in the Warhammer 40K universe, with a wide range of units and equipment. Dawnstone is a great paint to use as a base coat for the Imperial Guard’s infantry. It can be used to create a neutral base for the models and then used with other colors to create a cohesive look for the army.
- Imperial Knights – Imperial Knights are heavily armored walking war machines that serve as the protectors of the Imperium. Dawnstone is a great paint to use as a base coat for Imperial Knights. It can be used to create a neutral base for the models and then used with other colors to create a cohesive look for the army.
These three armies were chosen because Dawnstone may be used as a base coat for all of them and since they are all Armies of the Imperium in the Warhammer 40K universe. It offers a neutral foundation that may be worked upon with other hues to give the models a realistic, aged appearance. Dawnstone can also be utilized to give the army a unified appearance, which is crucial when painting miniatures.
Dawnstone – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Mephiston Red – Mephiston Red is a deep, rich red paint that can be used to add vibrant contrast to Dawnstone. The bold, warm color of Mephiston Red can be used to create highlights and add visual interest to the neutral base provided by Dawnstone.
- Brass Scorpion – Brass Scorpion is a metallic paint that can be used to add a shine and realism to the metallic elements on models painted with Dawnstone. The color of Brass Scorpion is a warm, golden yellow that complement well with the cool grey tones of Dawnstone.
- Nurgling Green – Nurgling Green is a sickly, pale green paint that can be used to add a sense of decay or disease to models painted with Dawnstone. The cool, pale green color of Nurgling Green can be used to create shadows and add depth to the neutral base provided by Dawnstone.
These three hues were selected because they are all shades that contrast with Dawnstone’s cold gray tones. Together with Dawnstone, these hues provide a harmony between warm and cold tones that can be used to highlight features, cast shadows, and give the models more visual interest.
The metallic paint Brass Scorpion can also be used to give the metallic components on models painted in Dawnstone a shine and realism, which can add a lovely touch to the final appearance.