Averland Sunset is a warm, orange-toned paint from Citadel Colour’s Air Paint range, designed for use as a base coat in miniature painting. The paint has a matt finish and is made from high-quality pigments suspended in an acrylic medium. It is a great foundation color for beginners, providing excellent coverage and a rich, vibrant color that can be used to create a wide range of effects on miniatures. The paint is versatile and can be used as part of a beginner’s palette, allowing for the creation of warm and inviting miniatures.
What armies to paint with Averland Sunset – Air Paint
The decision to list these specific armies is based on the aesthetic of the armies and how Averland Sunset can be used to enhance the look of the troops and machinery of these factions.
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard is one of the most iconic factions in the Warhammer 40K universe and the Averland Sunset paint is a great choice for painting the armor of their soldiers and machinery. The warm, orange tones of the paint will add a sense of realism and depth to the models, making them look like they have been through the rigors of battle.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus army is known for its advanced technology and machinery. Averland Sunset can be used to paint the intricate details on their guns, tanks, and other war machines, giving them a unique and striking look. It’s a perfect color for adding a touch of warmth to the metallic parts of their machinery.
- Blood Angels: The Blood Angels are one of the most recognizable Space Marine Chapters in the Warhammer 40K universe. Averland Sunset can be used to paint the iconic red armor of the Blood Angels, giving them a more natural and realistic look. The warm tones of the paint will complement the red of the armor perfectly, making them look like they have been through many battles.
These armies generally have a lot of metal and warm tones in their armor and machinery, which can be accentuated with Averland Sunset paint. Additionally, Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus armies have a lot of intricate details and gears, Averland Sunset can be used to bring those out and make them stand out.
Averland Sunset – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
The decision to list specific Citadel Colour paints to use with Averland Sunset – Air Paint was made using principles of colour theory, specifically the concept of complementary and analogous colours.
Complementary colours are those that are opposite each other on the colour wheel and create a strong contrast when used together. Analogous colours are those that are adjacent to each other on the colour wheel and create a harmonious and balanced composition.
- Ultramarines Blue – This blue paint is a great complementary colour to Averland Sunset, as it creates a strong contrast and adds depth to the orange tones in the paint. It can also be used for highlighting and adding definition to the shadows.
- Balthasar Gold – This brass paint is another great complement to Averland Sunset. It adds warmth and metallic accent to the orange tones, and it can also be used for details and highlights.
- Bugman’s Glow – This paint is a flesh color that is warm and bright, it can be used as an analogous color to Averland Sunset, it will create a balance and harmony with the orange tones.
These specific paints were chosen for their ability to complement and enhance the orange tones in Averland Sunset, creating a balanced and harmonious color scheme. The use of metallic paints like Balthasar Gold, can also add an extra level of dimension and interest to the overall look.