The Lothern Blue paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for miniature painting. With its rich pigments and matt finish, it provides an excellent base coat for any miniature painting project. The paint is easy to work with and offers great coverage, making it a great choice for beginners and experienced painters alike. It is a versatile colour that can be used on a variety of miniatures and is a must-have on any painter’s palette.
What armies to paint with Lothern Blue
- Ultramarines – The Ultramarines are one of the most iconic factions in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their blue armor is a perfect match for Lothern Blue. The paint can be used to create a vibrant and striking base coat for the armor of these elite soldiers, as well as for their machinery and guns.
- Imperial Fists – Another faction known for their blue armor, the Imperial Fists are a loyalist Space Marine chapter of the Imperium. Lothern Blue would be a great fit to paint their armor and vehicles, as well as their symbols and emblems.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of the Imperium that specialize in technology and machinery. Lothern Blue would be a great choice for painting the intricate machinery and tanks of the Adeptus Mechanicus, as well as the armor of their infantry. In addition, it would be a perfect fit for their blue and white color scheme.
The decision to list these armies is based on the similarity of their main color scheme and the specific shade of Lothern Blue. These factions are known in the Warhammer 40k universe for their blue armor and machinery, and Lothern Blue is a perfect match to paint these miniatures.
Lothern Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Pink: Pink Horror – The Pink Horror paint from Citadel Colour is a great complement to Lothern Blue. The complementary color relationship between blue and pink creates a striking contrast that can be used to highlight certain features or areas of a miniature.
- Brass: Balthasar Gold – This brass-colored paint is a great way to add a metallic touch to a miniature painted with Lothern Blue. The warm tones of Balthasar Gold can be used to highlight details such as weapons, ornaments and other metallic elements.
- Grey: Administratum Grey – Administratum Grey can be used to create shadows and depth on a miniature painted with Lothern Blue. This grey paint is a cool toned one that can create a nice balance of warm and cool hues on the miniature.
The choice to list these particular paints was made using the split-complimentary color theory, which refers to colors that are next to the complementary color on the color wheel. Similarly hued colors can also work well with Lothern Blue.
These hues blend well to produce a pleasing and well-balanced color combination. These specific Citadel Colour paints are renowned for their premium pigments and simple application, making them a perfect option for painting miniatures.