Stormhost Silver paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is specially formulated to provide a smooth, metallic finish on miniature figurines. Its pigments are carefully selected to provide excellent coverage and durability, making it an ideal paint for use as a base coat or for highlighting and accenting other colors. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced miniature painter, this paint will be a valuable addition to your palette. Stormhost Silver is a cool silver color that is perfect for painting metallic parts of miniatures like armor, weapons and other machinery, it can also be used to create an analogous color scheme. It’s a versatile paint that can be used as a base coat for a variety of different projects and styles, and it’s also perfect for painting the details of miniatures.
What armies to paint with Stormhost Silver
Stormhost Silver paint from Citadel Colour is a great choice for painting a variety of Warhammer 40K Space Marine armies. Here are three specific armies that I would recommend painting with Stormhost Silver:
- Ultramarines: The Ultramarines are known for their blue and silver color scheme, and Stormhost Silver is the perfect paint for highlighting the silver elements of the armor and weapons.
- Imperial Fists: The Imperial Fists are known for their yellow and silver color scheme, and Stormhost Silver is the perfect paint for highlighting the silver elements of the armor and weapons.
- Iron Hands: The Iron Hands are known for their red and silver color scheme, and Stormhost Silver is the perfect paint for highlighting the silver elements of the armor and weapons.
I made this decision based on my expertise of the Warhammer 40k universe, the color schemes of the different Space Marine factions and armies are well established, therefore it’s easy to see which paint will look great with the different factions.
Stormhost Silver Colour Schemes & Combinations
Stormhost Silver paint from Citadel Colour can be used in combination with several different colors to create a variety of effects. Here are three colors that I would recommend using with Stormhost Silver:
- Altdorf Guard Blue: a deep blue color that complements the brightness of Stormhost Silver.
- White Scar: a bright white color that can be used to add highlights and contrast to the overall color scheme.
- Gehenna’s Gold: a rich gold color that provides a striking contrast to the silver metallic color.
I made this decision based on color theory, as blue and silver are analogous colors, they complement each other, creating a cohesive look, white is a neutral color that can be used to create highlights and shadows, and gold is a warm color that can be used to create a sense of richness and luxury. These colors together create a nice balance, and the metallic finish of Stormhost Silver will make the miniatures look even more striking.