Gehenna’s Gold paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is specifically designed for miniature painting. It is a base coat that provides a solid foundation for layering and highlighting, with a metallic finish that helps to create a sense of shine and brilliance. The pigments used in this paint are specially selected to provide excellent coverage and a vibrant, gold finish, making it perfect for creating the shining gold armor and weapons of your miniatures, it’s a beginner-friendly paint that will be a staple in your palette, specially when you’re looking for colours that will make your miniatures shine like a star. The paint is perfect for creating a sense of luxury and opulence, it’s the perfect paint for creating the gilded and ornate miniatures of the Warhammer 40K universe.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Gehenna’s Gold
The Warhammer 40K universe is full of diverse factions and armies, each with their own unique aesthetic and color scheme. When it comes to painting with Gehenna’s Gold, there are a few armies that particularly stand out as a great fit.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus is a faction of the Imperium that is heavily focused on technology and machinery. Their soldiers are heavily augmented with cybernetic enhancements, and their vehicles and weapons are often highly advanced and ornate. Gehenna’s Gold is perfect for painting the intricate details and gears of the Adeptus Mechanicus’ machinery, as it helps to bring out the gilded and luxurious look of their equipment.
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard, also known as the Astra Militarum, is the primary infantry force of the Imperium. They are known for their large numbers and heavy machinery, including tanks and artillery. Gehenna’s Gold is a great choice for highlighting the armor and weapons of the Imperial Guard, as it gives them a gleaming and luxurious look that perfectly fits the image of a well-equipped and well-trained military force.
- Imperial Knights: The Imperial Knights are a faction of the Imperium that are heavily focused on giant mechanical walkers known as Imperial Knights. These machines are heavily armored and armed with powerful weapons, and are often adorned with intricate details and decorations. Gehenna’s Gold is perfect for painting the ornate details and decorations of the Imperial Knights, as it helps to bring out the gilded and luxurious look of these giant machines.
These armies were selected as Gehenna’s Gold is a perfect color for the golden elements in their color scheme, and it will make them look more vibrant and metallic, which will make them stand out in the battlefield. Additionally, the armies have a lot of intricate details and machinery that would benefit from the shine and luxurious look of this paint.
Gehenna’s Gold Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to pairing colors with Gehenna’s Gold, it’s important to consider color theory and the principles of complementary, split-complementary, and analogous color combinations.
- Brass Scorpion: Brass Scorpion is a warm, muted brass color that pairs well with Gehenna’s Gold as a split-complementary color combination. This pairing creates a sense of balance and harmony, while also adding a touch of vintage, steampunk feel. This color can be used to create shadows and highlights on Gehenna’s Gold, giving a sense of depth and dimension to your miniatures.
- Flash Gitz Yellow: Flash Gitz Yellow is a bright, vibrant yellow that can be used as an analogous color to Gehenna’s Gold. This color combo creates a sense of contrast and energy, making it perfect for highlighting the details of the metallic elements of your miniatures and creating a sense of depth and dimension.
- Mournfang Brown: Mournfang Brown is a dark, warm brown that pairs well with Gehenna’s Gold as a split-complementary color combination. This pairing creates a sense of balance and harmony, while also adding a touch of rustic, earthy feel.
These colors were chosen because they are all complementary to Gehenna’s Gold’s metallic luster and because they are all adaptable hues that may be used to produce a range of effects and moods. They can be utilized to produce shadows, highlights, and accents as well as a variety of visual effects like harmony, balance, depth, and dimension. By utilizing these hues, the metallic appearance will be enhanced and the gold accents will stand out even more.