The Teclis Blue paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for miniature painting. It’s a light, ethereal blue color that can be used as a base coat to create a foundation for any miniature painting project. The paint’s matt finish and smooth consistency make it easy to work with and provide excellent coverage, making it a great choice for both beginners and experienced painters. It is a versatile colour that can be used on a variety of miniatures and is a must-have in any painter’s palette, for those looking for a shade of blue with a more delicate, almost pastel-like tone than Lothern Blue or Calgar Blue.
What Space Marine armies to paint with Teclis Blue
These armies were chosen for the list based on how close Teclis Blue and their primary color schemes were. Teclis Blue is the ideal color to use to paint these figures because both factions are well-known for having blue armor and machinery in the Warhammer 40k universe.
- Ultramarines – Teclis Blue is a great match for the blue armor of Ultramarines, it has a more delicate, almost pastel-like tone than the other blue shades, it can create a more elegant and refined look for the miniatures. This shade of blue is also a good match for the blue and white colour scheme of Ultramarines.
- Blood Angels – The Blood Angels are a Space Marine chapter known for their unique armor, which often includes blue and red elements. Teclis Blue would be a great choice for painting these elements, as well as their vehicles and machinery.
- Raven Guard – The Raven Guard are a faction of the Imperium that specializes in stealth and infiltration, they often have a dark blue color scheme. Teclis Blue would be a great choice for painting their armor and vehicles, as well as for the highlights of the Raven Guard’s uniforms.
This shade of blue is more delicate, almost pastel-like tone than Lothern Blue or Calgar Blue, and can create a more elegant and refined look for the miniatures, fitting the theme and aesthetics of these specific Space Marine chapters.
Teclis Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Gold: Retributor Armour – Retributor Armour is a warm-toned gold paint that can be used to create highlights and add a metallic touch to a miniature painted with Teclis Blue. The gold color can also be used to create a striking contrast to the blue and add a sense of elegance and grandeur.
- Red: Mephiston Red – Mephiston Red is a cool-toned red paint that can be used to create a sense of contrast and drama on a miniature painted with Teclis Blue. The red color can be used to highlight certain areas or details of a miniature, as well as create a balance of warm and cool hues.
- Flesh: Cadian Fleshtone – Cadian Fleshtone is a warm-toned flesh paint that can be used to paint the flesh of miniatures painted with Teclis Blue. The flesh color can be used to highlight the skin of the miniature and create a sense of realism and contrast to the blue color.
The decision to list these specific paints is based on the principle of colour theory and the concept of split-complementary colours, which are colours that are adjacent to the complementary colour on the colour wheel. Analogous colours also can be a good combination for Teclis Blue.
These colours work well together to create a harmonious and balanced colour combo. Such specific Citadel Colour paints are renowned for their premium pigments and simple application, making them a perfect option for painting miniatures.