A paint from the Citadel Colour line of supplies for painting miniatures is called Retributor Armor. It is a matte-finish acrylic-based paint that is intended to give miniatures a foundation coat of metallic gold. High pigmentation in the paint enables great coverage and a smooth base for further color coats. This paint is ideal for beginners who want to quickly add metallic tones to their palette for miniatures.
What armies to paint with Retributor Armour
- The Imperial Guard: Retributor Armour is ideal for painting the military equipment and infantry armor. The Retributor Armor’s golden armor is the ideal representation of the Imperial Guard’s role as the foundation of the Imperium’s military power because these armies are renowned for their extensive use of tanks and artillery in combat.
- The famous power armor worn by the Space Marines, which plays a significant role in how they appear in the Warhammer 40K universe, can be painted using The Space Marines: Retributor Armour. The gloss it adds to their armor gives them an air of regality, and the paint conveys the might and bravery of these elite soldiers.
- Painting the numerous machines, weapons, and tanks of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction is a breeze with the Adeptus Mechanicus: Retributor Armor. The gold color gives the machinery a sense of high-tech and machinery, which is a perfect portrayal of the Adeptus Mechanicus. The faction is famed for their superior technology.
In general, the use of heavy armour by the infantry and machinery of all the armies I’ve listed has one thing in common. Because it can bring out the finest in these armies and make the golden armors really glow, the Retributor Armor color was chosen.
Retributor Armour Colour Schemes & Combinations
Citadel Colour paints that work well with Retributor Armour include the ones listed below in the colors black, flesh, and gold:
- Black: Corvus Black, Abaddon Black
- Flesh: Rakarth Flesh, Cadian Fleshtone
- Gold: Golden Griffon, Auric Armor Gold, and Gold Liberator
Consideration of color theory, particularly in respect to complimentary colors and split-complementary colors, was taken into account while deciding whether to mention these particular paints.
Retributor Armor’s warm-toned gold paint complements cool-toned hues like flesh and black beautifully. As they are opposite one another on the color wheel and produce a stark contrast, Corvus Black, Abaddon Black and Cadian Fleshtone/Rakarth Flesh are complementary colors to Retributor Armor.
In order to balance the metallic appearance of the retributor armor and establish an analogous color scheme, Auric Armour Gold and Liberator Gold should be used.
To give the sculpture depth and character, highlights and shadows are created using various black and flesh paint colours, tints, and tones. These particular paints can be used to produce a spectacular and well-balanced color scheme that will make the Retributor Armor stand out.