The Word Bearers Red paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint specifically designed for miniature painting. It is a rich, deep red color with a matt finish that provides excellent coverage and a smooth, even application. The pigments used in this paint are carefully selected to create a vibrant, long-lasting color that will be the foundation of any Word Bearers army. It is a versatile color that is suitable for both beginners and experienced miniature painters, making it a great addition to any palette.
What armies to paint with Word Bearers Red
The choice to select these armies was determined based on the army’s color scheme and how prominent the color red was. The Word Bearers Red paint from Citadel Colour is the perfect choice for painting these factions because of their reputation for being associated with the color red.
- Word Bearers – As the name suggests, the Word Bearers are a Chaos Space Marine legion that is heavily associated with the color red in the Warhammer 40K universe. They are known for their zealotry and devotion to the Chaos gods, and their armor, soldiers and machinery are often painted in shades of red to reflect this. Using the Word Bearers Red paint from Citadel Colour is an excellent choice for painting a Word Bearers army, as it will perfectly match the color scheme of this faction.
- Khorne Berzerkers – Another Chaos Space Marine faction, the Khorne Berzerkers are known for their bloody, brutal nature and their worship of the Chaos god Khorne. They are often depicted as heavily armed and armored soldiers, with red being a prominent color in their color scheme. The Word Bearers Red paint would be an ideal choice for painting the armor and weapons of these soldiers, as it will provide a perfect match to the color scheme of this faction.
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the most diverse armies in the Warhammer 40K universe, and within it, many different regiments exist with different color schemes, however, many of these regiments have red as a prominent color in their scheme. The Word Bearers Red paint would be a great choice for painting the tanks, guns, and infantry of these regiments, as it will provide a perfect match to the color scheme of these factions and would create a cohesive look on the army.
Word Bearers Red Colour Schemes & Combinations
These particular paints were selected because they complement and split-complement the hue of the Word Bearers Red paint, making them excellent options for giving the miniatures a unified appearance
- Gorthor Brown is a brown paint that would complement the Word Bearers Red paint very well. The brown color of this paint creates a natural balance with the red, and it can be used to create depth without affecting the color scheme that much.
- Agrax Earthshade is a dark brown paint that can be used to create shadows and depth on the models painted with Word Bearers Red. This paint can be used to create a natural and realistic look on the models.
- Auric Armour Gold is a metallic paint that can be used to create highlights and details on the models painted with Word Bearers Red. The gold color of this paint creates a complementary contrast with the red, and it can be used to paint the edges and details of the models.
- Ushabti Bone is a bone-colored paint that can be used to create a neutral color balance with the Word Bearers Red paint. This paint can be used to paint the bones of the models, or as a base coat for other bone tones.
The color combination will be balanced by using analogous colors for the shadows and highlights and metallic paint for the details, which will also help the models appear more lifelike.