Ushabti Bone from Citadel Colour is a highly pigmented acrylic paint that is perfect for use as a base coat or a final touch on miniatures. The paint has a matt finish and its pigments are finely ground, providing excellent coverage and allowing for easy application even for beginners. It’s a great color to use for creating a natural, bone-like effect on miniatures, think of it as the foundation of a skeleton, it can add a touch of realism to your miniatures. Ushabti Bone is a versatile color that can be used in a variety of miniature painting schemes, it can be used as a foundation color for a palette or as a final touch to add a sense of realism.
What armies to paint with Ushabti Bone
The Warhammer 40K universe is full of a variety of factions, armies, and equipment. When it comes to painting with Ushabti Bone, there are several options to choose from. Here are three armies that are particularly well-suited to this color:
- Necrons – Necrons are a robotic, undead race, and Ushabti Bone is a great color to use for their skeletal bodies and other details to create a natural, bone-like effect.
- Death Guard – Death Guard are a Chaos Space Marine army known for their decay and disease, and Ushabti Bone is a great color to use for their details to create a natural, bone-like effect.
- Skitarii – Skitarii are a faction of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and Ushabti Bone is a great color to use for their robotic bodies and other details to create a natural, bone-like effect.
The decision to list these specific armies was made because they are all known for their use of advanced technology and undead/robotics elements, and Ushabti Bone can enhance those features. This color can be used to create a natural, bone-like effect, depending on the army and the specific models being painted. Ushabti Bone is a versatile and great color that can be used to add a touch of realism to any army.
Ushabti Bone Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to painting miniatures with Ushabti Bone, there are several Citadel Colour paints that can be used in combination to create a variety of effects. Here are a few options to consider:
- Kislev Flesh: a flesh color that complements the warmth of Ushabti Bone.
- Cadian Fleshtone: a slightly darker flesh color that can be used for shading.
- Kantor Blue: a deep blue color that can provide contrast to the warmth of Ushabti Bone.
- Troll Slayer Orange: an orange color that can provide complementary contrast to the warmth of Ushabti Bone.
- Jokaero Orange: a brighter and more saturated orange color that can be used for highlights.
Based on color theory and how colors interact, it was decided to list these particular paints. In order to give the miniature a more striking appearance and to produce a more realistic, natural effect, flesh, blue, and orange can all be used. These hues are also complementary to or split-complementary to ushabti bone, making them excellent options for highlighting, shading, and adding depth to the miniature