The Armageddon Dust paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile, warm beige color with a subtle brown undertone. This paint has a matt finish that dries to a flat, powdery texture, making it perfect for creating a dusty, desert-like base coat for miniatures and models. The pigments used in this paint are high quality and provide excellent coverage with just a few coats, making it ideal for both beginners and more experienced miniature painters. Whether you’re looking to create a base color or add highlights and shadows to your models, the Armageddon Dust paint is a great addition to your palette.
What armies to paint with Armageddon Dust
Armageddon Dust from Citadel Colour is a versatile paint that can be used to paint a variety of Warhammer 40K armies. To make the decision of which armies to list, we considered the visual style of the factions in the Warhammer 40K universe, as well as the colors that would complement and enhance the appearance of their armour, soldiers, machinery, guns, tanks, and infantry. The following are three armies that can be painted with Armageddon Dust:
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard are known for their earthy and muted color palette, making Armageddon Dust the perfect base coat for their armour and equipment. The paint provides a solid foundation for adding highlights and shadows, creating a realistic and battle-worn appearance.
- Orks: The Orks are a chaotic and scrappy army, and their armor and machinery often reflect this with a patchwork of different colors. Armageddon Dust can be used to give the appearance of rusted metal and dirty, worn surfaces, adding to the rugged and utilitarian look of the Orks.
- Space Marines: The Space Marines are an iconic army in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their armor is often depicted as gleaming and highly polished. However, with a little bit of weathering and dry brushing, Armageddon Dust can be used to create the appearance of battle-scarred and weathered power armor, making them look more battle-hardened and experienced.
Armageddon Dust Colour Schemes & Combinations
The blue, orange, and brass hues are great options to pair with Armageddon Dust, a warm and earthy brown colour. These hues provide an interesting contrast and balance to the warm brown tones of the Armageddon Dust.
Here are some examples of Citadel Colour paints in these hues that can be used together with Armageddon Dust:
- Ultramarines Blue – This blue colour is bright and bold, and serves as a great highlight colour to the warm earth tones of the Armageddon Dust.
- Averland Sunset – This orange hue is warm and bright, and serves as a great complementary colour to the cool blue hues paired with the Armageddon Dust.
- Burnished Gold – This brass hue provides a metallic contrast to the earthy brown tones of the Armageddon Dust, adding depth and interest to the overall palette.
In conclusion, these colours were chosen as they complement each other well and create an appealing contrast, providing a balanced and dynamic colour palette for your miniature painting project.