Targor Rageshade is a paint from Citadel Colour that is ideal for miniature painting. It provides a solid foundation for a variety of colors for miniatures and has excellent coverage with a matt finish. The pigments are expertly crafted to allow for easy application and are well-suited for beginners and experts alike. As part of the acrylic paint palette, Targor Rageshade is a foundation color that is a must-have for any miniature painting project.
What armies to paint with Targor Rageshade
Targor Rageshade is a versatile color that can be used across many Warhammer 40K armies to add depth and interest to the models. Here are three armies that can be painted with Targor Rageshade to create a striking effect.
- Space Marines: Targor Rageshade can be used as a base coat for Space Marine models to create a dark, brooding effect. It can be used to add depth to the armor plating and contrast well with metallic highlights. Targor Rageshade can also be used to create shadowed areas on infantry models, adding an extra level of detail to the miniatures.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The mechanical soldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus can be painted with Targor Rageshade to create a grimy, industrial look. It can be used to add depth to the metallic components of the models and contrast well with the brightly-colored robes of the tech-priests. Targor Rageshade can also be used to create weathering effects on the machinery and tanks of the army.
- Chaos Space Marines: Targor Rageshade can be used to create a dark, ominous effect on Chaos Space Marines. It can be used as a base coat for the armor plating and can be highlighted with brighter metallic colors for a striking contrast. Targor Rageshade can also be used to create shadowed areas on the models, adding a sinister depth to the miniatures.
The lore and aesthetic of the Warhammer 40K world were taken into consideration when choosing these particular armies. Targor Rageshade is a hue that can be used to amplify the gloomy, menacing aesthetic that permeates all of these armies. Targor Rageshade is a superb option for armies with a variety of models, from infantry to machinery, as it is a versatile color that can be used to create a range of effects.
Targor Rageshade Colour Schemes & Combinations
Choosing the right colors to use with Targor Rageshade is an important step in achieving a balanced and striking color palette. Here are some black, gold, and green Citadel Colour paints that can be used with Targor Rageshade:
- Abaddon Black: Black is a classic color that works well with Targor Rageshade. Abaddon Black can be used to create shadows and contrast on miniatures, while also serving as a base coat for metallic highlights.
- Retributor Armour: Gold is a metallic color that contrasts well with the dark tones of Targor Rageshade. Retributor Armour can be used to highlight the metallic components of miniatures, adding a regal and ornate effect.
- Waaagh! Flesh: Green is an analogous color to Targor Rageshade and can be used to create a cohesive color scheme. Waaagh! Flesh can be used to create shadows and highlights on green components of miniatures, as well as to create foliage and environmental effects.
Based on color theory and complimentary colors, it was decided to use these particular hues. Located on either side of green’s complementary color on the color wheel, black and gold are split-complementary hues to green. This results in a balanced and appealing hue combination. These hues are also ideal for metallic highlights, which can give miniatures more depth and intrigue.