Citadel Colour’s Gutrippa Flesh is a rich, fleshy-colored acrylic paint with a consistency that is perfect for base coating. The pigment is finely ground and provides a smooth and consistent coverage, making it an excellent choice for miniature painting. The matt finish is ideal for creating a realistic skin texture, and the color is a foundational hue for many flesh tones in a miniature painting palette. Overall, this paint is beginner-friendly and offers excellent coverage with a subtle texture, making it an essential addition to any miniature painter’s collection.
What armies to paint with Gutrippa Flesh
- Tyranids: These alien creatures from the Warhammer 40K universe are known for their organic and monstrous appearance. Gutrippa Flesh is an excellent choice for painting their bodies and creating a realistic fleshy texture. Pairing it with other colors like greens and purples can create a striking visual contrast against their organic carapaces.
- Astra Militarum: The Imperial Guard of the Warhammer 40K universe is a faction that consists of ordinary humans in armor. Painting their armor and helmets with colors like silver or bronze and pairing them with Gutrippa Flesh for their faces can create a great contrast that highlights their humanity. This can create a powerful visual statement about the value of human life in the face of the horrific and violent universe of Warhammer 40K.
- Chaos Space Marines: This faction of renegade Space Marines from the Warhammer 40K universe are known for their twisted and corrupted appearance. Gutrippa Flesh can be used to create a fleshy and gnarled texture on their bodies, while other colors like black, silver, and red can be used to highlight their corrupted armor, machinery, and weaponry.
The decision to choose these specific armies was based on their visual characteristics within the Warhammer 40K universe.
These factions have distinct and varied visual styles that can be enhanced by the use of Gutrippa Flesh. From organic and monstrous Tyranids to the more human-like soldiers of the Astra Militarum, and the twisted Chaos Space Marines, the versatility of Gutrippa Flesh allows for unique and striking results on a wide range of Warhammer 40K armies.
Gutrippa Flesh Colour Schemes & Combinations
When deciding on a list of Citadel Colour paints that can be used with Gutrippa Flesh, several factors were considered, including color theory, complementary and split-complementary colors, analogous colors, highlighting and shading, hues, metallics, and balance.
Gutrippa Flesh is a warm, brownish-yellow color, which can be complemented by purple and white tones. Therefore, the following Citadel Colour paints have been selected for their complementary or split-complementary nature:
- Naggaroth Night – a dark, rich purple that complements the warm tones of Gutrippa Flesh
- Xereus Purple – a slightly lighter purple that works well with Naggaroth Night for a split-complementary color scheme
- Pallid Wych Flesh – a light, cool-toned white that can be used to highlight the warm tones of Gutrippa Flesh
Overall, this selection of paints offers a balanced and versatile range of hues, shadows, and highlights that can be used to create a cohesive and interesting color scheme with Gutrippa Flesh as a base.