Talassar Blue paint from Citadel Colour is a base coat with a matt finish that resembles the calm, deep blue hue of an ocean on a sunny day. Infused with high-quality pigments, this acrylic-based paint offers excellent coverage, making it an ideal choice for miniature painting. Its unique formulation, akin to a sturdy foundation, ensures that the paint adheres effortlessly to any surface, giving you the freedom to experiment with colours for miniatures. Its forgiving nature also makes it a great choice for beginners looking to expand their palette and explore the world of miniature painting.
What Space Marine armies to paint with Talassar Blue
Talassar Blue is a vibrant blue color that is perfect for painting the armor of Space Marines, the iconic soldiers of the Warhammer 40K universe. While any Space Marine army can be painted with Talassar Blue, here are three factions that could be particularly fitting:
- Ultramarines: The Ultramarines are one of the most iconic Space Marine chapters in the Warhammer 40K universe, known for their tactical acumen and strict adherence to the Codex Astartes. Their armor is predominantly blue, and Talassar Blue would make for an excellent base coat for this army.
- Blood Angels: The Blood Angels are another popular Space Marine chapter, known for their aggressive nature and red armor. However, many Blood Angels armies also feature blue accents, particularly on their shoulder pads and helmets. Using Talassar Blue for these accents could help tie the army’s color scheme together.
- Space Wolves: The Space Wolves are a unique Space Marine chapter that draws inspiration from Norse mythology. Their armor is predominantly gray, but many Space Wolves armies feature blue accents, such as the pelts that adorn their shoulders. Using Talassar Blue for these accents could help add some pop to an otherwise muted color scheme.
In making this decision, I considered the various factions and armies within the Warhammer 40K universe and focused on those that had a visual affinity to blue or could benefit from a blue accent. I also took into account the fact that Talassar Blue is a bright and vibrant color, which would work well with the futuristic machinery, guns, tanks, and infantry found within the Warhammer 40K universe.
Talassar Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on color theory and successful color combinations, it was decided to list these particular Citadel Colour paints.
- Mephiston Red – a bright and bold red color that complements Talassar Blue’s vibrancy. It can be used to create striking highlights or to add contrast to the blue.
- Abaddon Black – a deep and dark black color that provides a strong contrast to Talassar Blue. It can be used to create shadows and depth, or to paint the details on the armor.
- Runelord Brass – a rich and warm bronze color that pairs well with Talassar Blue. It can be used to paint metallic details on the armor, such as the trim or the shoulder pads.
Mephiston Red is a strikingly different shade of red from Talassar Blue and can be utilized to accent or harmonize the colors on the armor.
Abaddon Black is a deep and dark color that provides a contrast to Talassar Blue, and can be used to create shadows or add depth to the armor. Black and blue are a classic split-complementary color combo, which creates a balance of colors on the armor.
Runelord Brass is a warm and rich metallic hue that pairs well with Talassar Blue.
It can be used to paint metallic details on the armor, such as the trim or the shoulder pads. Bronze is an analogous color to red and black, which means it’s a hue that’s adjacent to these colors on the color wheel, making it a harmonious color combination.