Athonian Camoshade is a versatile wash from Citadel Colour, known for its ability to add a weathered, worn, and grungy effect to miniature models. Its matte finish formula features finely ground pigments, which provide excellent coverage and deep shadows. Like all acrylic paints from Citadel Colour, it can be used as a base coat and will provide a sturdy foundation for other colors to be applied on top. Athonian Camoshade is perfect for miniature painting beginners, as it provides an essential color for creating a weathered and battle-hardened effect on their models. With its unique pigment composition, it can be used to great effect with other colors in the palette, making it an excellent addition to any miniature painter’s collection.
What armies to paint with Athonian Camoshade
Citadel Colour’s Athonian Camoshade is an excellent color that can be used to add a weathered, worn effect to models, particularly those in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three armies that would look fantastic with this paint:
- Astra Militarum: The Imperial Guard, as it was once known, is a faction of the Imperium that is known for its vast armies of soldiers and tanks. With Athonian Camoshade, you can add a gritty, battle-worn look to your tanks and infantry, making them look like they’ve been through the trenches of war.
- Death Guard: The Death Guard is a Chaos Space Marine faction that is notorious for its decay and corruption. Athonian Camoshade can be used to give a weathered and decayed effect to their armor, making them look like they’ve been affected by some sort of horrific plague.
- Orks: Orks are a faction that loves to fight and be in the thick of battle. Athonian Camoshade can be used to create a dirty, grungy effect on their armor and machinery, giving them a look like they’ve been in countless battles and skirmishes.
Athonian Camoshade Colour Schemes & Combinations
Athonian Camoshade is a fantastic choice for creating a weathered and worn effect on miniatures, and there are several Citadel Colour paints that can be used alongside it to enhance its effects. Here are some blue, grey, and gold Citadel Colour paints that can be used in conjunction with Athonian Camoshade:
- Grey Knights Steel: This metallic paint is perfect for painting the metallic parts of miniatures, such as swords, guns, and armor. When used with Athonian Camoshade, it provides a metallic sheen that complements the worn and weathered effect of the wash.
- Runelord Brass: Another metallic paint, Runelord Brass is perfect for painting brass or gold-colored details, such as buttons, insignia, and ornaments. When used alongside Athonian Camoshade, it provides a warm, rich hue that creates a beautiful contrast with the cool blues and grays.
- Fenrisian Grey: A cool blue-grey color, Fenrisian Grey can be used to highlight areas of miniatures that have been treated with Athonian Camoshade. When applied to the raised areas, it provides a subtle contrast that creates depth and shadow on the model.