The Bestigor Flesh paint from Citadel Colour is an acrylic paint that is perfect for use as a base coat when painting miniatures. This paint is formulated to provide a rich, matt finish that is perfect for creating a foundation for other colors, creating a natural-looking flesh tone. The pigments used in this paint are carefully selected to provide excellent coverage, making it easy for beginner miniature painters to use. With its smooth consistency, it glides effortlessly on miniatures, providing a perfect base for the artist’s imagination to run wild, creating realistic and natural-looking figures. The Bestigor Flesh paint is specifically designed to paint the Bestigors, a race of Beastmen in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.
What armies to paint with Bestigor Flesh
- Beastmen – The Beastmen are a race of mutants and barbarians in the Warhammer Fantasy universe and the Bestigor Flesh paint is perfect for painting their flesh. The natural-looking flesh tone created by this paint will help to bring out the details and characteristics of these warriors, making them look more realistic and lifelike.
- Skaven – The Skaven are a race of rat-men in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. The Bestigor Flesh paint can be used to paint the flesh of these warriors, as well as to create a variety of different skin tones, from the standard pale skin to more tanned skin, making it a versatile paint that can be used to paint a variety of different factions.
- Chaos Warriors – The Chaos Warriors are a faction of the Warhammer Fantasy universe that are corrupted by the Chaos gods. The Bestigor Flesh paint can be used to paint the flesh of these warriors, as well as to create a range of skin tones, from the standard human-like flesh to the more corrupted flesh.
Because all of these armies have some kind of flesh to paint on their soldiers, machines, and equipment, it was decided to mention them specifically. Additionally, these armies are among the most widely used by both players and painters in the Warhammer Fantasy setting. The Bestigor Flesh paint can be used to create a range of skin tones, making it a versatile paint that can be used to paint a variety of different factions.
Bestigor Flesh Colour Schemes & Combinations
Using the principles of color theory, which states that complementary and analogous colors should be utilized to produce a sense of balance and contrast, the choice to include these particular paints was made.
- Zandri Dust – Zandri Dust is a pale, bone-colored paint that can be used to create highlights and add a sense of depth to the Bestigor Flesh paint. Bone color is a neutral color that will create a strong contrast with the warm flesh tone, making the miniatures look more realistic.
- Nurgling Green – Nurgling Green is a vibrant, bright green paint that can be used to create highlights and add a sense of energy to the Bestigor Flesh paint. Green is an analogous color to pink, the undertones of which are present in the Bestigor Flesh paint, so it will make the miniatures pop out.
- Xereus Purple – Xereus Purple is a deep, rich purple paint that can be used to create shadows and add a sense of depth to the Bestigor Flesh paint. Purple is a cool color that will create a contrast with the warm flesh tone, creating a sense of balance.
Colors like bone, green, and purple are well-known for complementing flesh tones and can be utilized to produce a range of diverse effects, including highlights and shadows. Together, these hues will improve the overall appearance of the miniatures painted with Bestigor Flesh. While the analogous and complementary colors will make the miniatures stand out, the neutral color will offer reality and depth.