The Nurgling Green paint from Citadel Colour is a highly pigmented, acrylic paint with a distinctive, sickly green color. It has a matt finish and provides an excellent foundation for layering other colors, while the coverage is superb. The pigments used in this paint are perfect for miniature painting and are ideal for beginners who are looking to expand their palette. Nurgling Green is a perfect paint for creating an otherworldly, diseased look on your miniatures.
What Armies of Chaos to paint with Nurgling Green
- Nurgle Daemons: Nurgling Green is the perfect paint to use when painting Nurgle Daemons, as it is the primary color used in the armor of the Daemons of Nurgle. This paint will give your miniatures a distinctive, otherworldly look that is perfect for this army.
- Death Guard: The Death Guard is a Chaos Space Marine army, known for its use of Nurgle-related imagery and symbols, and Nurgling Green is perfect for painting the armor, weapons, and vehicles of this army. This paint will provide a good foundation for creating the diseased, rotting look that is characteristic of the Death Guard.
- Thousand Sons: The Thousand Sons is a Chaos Space Marine army and use of Nurgle-related imagery and symbols in their aesthetics. Nurgling Green is a great paint to use for creating the demonic and otherworldly look of their armor. Using Nurgling Green as a base coat for the metallic parts of their soldiers and machinery will give a great foundation for the other colors and weathering effects you’ll use on your miniatures, giving them a more realistic look and feel.
The decision to list these specific armies was based on the fact that they have a prominent use of Nurgle-related imagery and symbols in their aesthetics, and Nurgling Green is the perfect paint to achieve that look. Additionally, Nurgling Green is a versatile paint that can be used as a base coat for a variety of colors, making it a good choice for painting multiple armies.
Nurgling Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on the principles of color theory and complementary colors, it was decided to include these particular paints. Blue and yellow are complementary colors to green, which will result in a great balance of colors and a lively appearance.
- Caliban Green: Caliban Green is a blue-green paint that can be used to create a sense of depth and contrast on Nurgling Green miniatures. The blue in Caliban Green is a complementary color to the yellow in Nurgling Green which will create a nice balance of colors and a dynamic look.
- Averland Sunset: Averland Sunset is a yellow paint that can be used to highlight the edges and details of Nurgling Green miniatures. The yellow color will complement the green and add a touch of realism to your miniatures.
- Retributor Armour: Retributor Armour is a metallic paint that can be used to create a sense of depth and contrast on Nurgling Green miniatures. This paint can be used to create highlights on the miniatures and will give them a more three-dimensional look.
The metallic touch will add realism to the miniature. Additionally, the blue and yellow can be used for creating shadows and highlights on the miniatures, which will give them a more three-dimensional look, and create a sense of depth and contrast on the Nurgling Green.