Ahriman Blue is a base coat paint from Citadel Colour that is specifically formulated for miniature painting. This acrylic paint has a matt finish and is rich in pigments that provide excellent coverage, making it a great foundation color for beginners. The color of Ahriman Blue is a deep and rich shade of blue, reminiscent of a stormy ocean. It sits well on the palette and is a versatile color that can be used as a foundation for different armies and models. It is perfect for creating a base coat that can be later highlighted and shaded to create a range of different effects.
What armies to paint with Ahriman Blue
Ahriman Blue is a well-liked paint shade in the Warhammer 40K universe, and various factions’ armies frequently have their armor and equipment painted in this hue. Due to their frequent use of Ahriman Blue in their color schemes and their significance in the Warhammer 40K universe, it was decided to highlight these particular armies.
- The Thousand Sons – The Thousand Sons are a faction of the Chaos Space Marines and are known for their use of blue in their color schemes. Ahriman Blue is often used to paint their armor and machinery, making them a perfect army to paint with this color.
- The Dark Angels – The Dark Angels are one of the original First Founding Space Marine Legions. They’re known for their use of dark blue and green in their color schemes. Ahriman Blue is frequently used to paint their armor and machinery, giving the army a sleek and powerful look.
- The Imperial Navy – The Imperial Navy are the naval arm of the Imperium and are known for their use of blues and whites in their color schemes. Ahriman Blue can be used as a base coat for their vehicles and artillery pieces, creating a cohesive look for the army.
Remember that these are only recommendations and that, depending on the intended effect, you can employ Ahriman Blue on any army. To give your army a distinctive aesthetic, it’s also a good idea to experiment with various colours, lighting, and weathering effects.
Ahriman Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
When using Ahriman Blue as the primary color in a paint scheme, it’s important to choose colours that will create a cohesive and balanced look. The decision to list these specific pink, black, and gold Citadel Colour paints was made based on their ability to complement Ahriman Blue and create a visually pleasing color combination.
- Pink Horror – A pink paint that creates a split-complementary color combo with Ahriman Blue. It can be used to paint details and highlights in the army, adding a pop of color.
- Abaddon Black – A black paint that creates an analogous color combo with Ahriman Blue, it can be used as a base coat for the shadows and recesses of the army, giving it a subtle look.
- Retributor Armour – A gold paint that can be used as a highlight color on Ahriman Blue armor and machinery, adding a metallic touch to the army.
Understand that these are merely recommendations, and you can experiment with different color schemes to determine which ones work best for your army. Don’t forget to consider your army’s tone, balance, and composition, as well as the surroundings’ lighting and atmosphere and the overall look you want to accomplish.