Grey Seer – Spray is a fantastic choice of paint for miniature painters wishing to quickly and easily obtain a neutral, grey-toned basecoat. This spray paint is designed by Citadel Colour, a leading brand in the miniature painting market, and is great for people who want to prime their models quickly and efficiently. It has a tiny mist nozzle for even coverage and may be used on a variety of surfaces, including plastic and metal. Grey Seer – Spray is a wonderful pick for your next project, whether you’re a seasoned painter or a newbie just getting started.
What armies to paint with Grey Seer – Spray
As a Warhammer 40K enthusiast and experienced painter, I can recommend several armies that can be painted using Grey Seer – Spray. This primer is an excellent choice for creating a base coat on a range of factions, from the Imperium to the Chaos forces.
- The Adeptus Mechanicus, known for their intricate machinery and cybernetic soldiers, can benefit from the neutral, grey-toned base provided by Grey Seer – Spray. It can help accentuate the metallic parts and give a cohesive look to the army.
- The Death Guard, a Nurgle-aligned Chaos faction, would also benefit from this primer. The grey color can help emphasize the decay and rust of their armor and machinery, giving them a gritty and realistic look.
- The Space Wolves, known for their distinctive blue-grey armor, can also benefit from the use of Grey Seer – Spray. By using this primer as a base, the painter can focus on highlighting and shading the armor, rather than worrying about the base color.
In summary, Grey Seer – Spray is an excellent primer for a range of factions in the Warhammer 40K universe. By selecting armies that have a focus on armor, soldiers, machinery, guns, tanks, and infantry, such as the Adeptus Mechanicus, Death Guard, and Space Wolves, this primer can enhance the overall look and feel of the army.
Grey Seer – Spray Colour Schemes & Combinations
As a professional painter and color theory enthusiast, I can suggest several Citadel Colour paints that pair well with Grey Seer – Spray, providing a harmonious and visually appealing color scheme for miniatures.
- First, for blue hues, I recommend Fenrisian Grey, Altdorf Guard Blue, and Calgar Blue. These colors can create a split-complementary color combo when paired with Grey Seer – Spray, which involves using colors that are opposite to one another on the color wheel. The blue tones will help create a balance between cool and warm hues on the miniature, adding depth and interest.
- Secondly, for orange tones, I recommend Troll Slayer Orange, Fire Dragon Bright, and Fuegan Orange. These colors are a complementary color combo with Grey Seer – Spray, meaning they are directly opposite on the color wheel. When used together, they create a bold and eye-catching color combo that can be used to highlight and add warmth to shadows.
- Lastly, for silver metallic tones, I recommend using Runefang Steel, Ironbreaker, and Stormhost Silver. These paints can be used to add highlights and metallic accents to the miniature, providing a striking contrast to the matte Grey Seer – Spray base.
In conclusion, painters can create a visually balanced and dramatic color scheme for their miniatures by using complimentary, split-complementary, and analogous colours such as blue, orange, and silver and pairing them with Grey Seer – Spray. Metallic silver elements can lend a bit of glam, while blue and orange tones can assist create shadows and highlights, giving the model depth and intrigue.