Deathclaw Brown is a base coat paint from the Citadel Colour range, designed for miniature painting. It is an acrylic paint with a matt finish, formulated with pigments that provide excellent coverage and a natural foundation for layering other colours. This paint is perfect for beginners as it is easy to work with, providing a great starting point for building up a color palette on miniatures. Its pigments blend well together and can be used to create a variety of natural, earthy tones that evokes the image of dry, cracked soil, and can be used to create a dirty and weathered look on miniatures.
What vehicle armies to paint with Deathclaw Brown
These particular vehicles were chosen because they all feature a lot of equipment and armor that would benefit from the earthy natural tones that Deathclaw Brown can produce.
- Chimera APC – The Chimera APC is a common armored transport vehicle used by the Imperial Guard in the Warhammer 40K universe. Deathclaw Brown is a great base coat paint for this vehicle as it can be used to create a weathered, battle-worn look on the armor. It can also be used to create a variety of earth tones on the machinery, such as the tracks and gun turrets.
- Leman Russ Battle Tank – The Leman Russ Battle Tank is a heavily armored tank used by the Imperial Guard and Deathclaw Brown is a great base coat paint for this vehicle. The paint can be used to create a rusty, industrial look on the tank’s armor and its tracks. It can also be used as a base for creating different shades of brown and beige for the camouflage of the tank.
- Ork Trukk- The Ork Trukk is a fast and open-topped vehicle used by the Ork faction, and Deathclaw Brown can be used to paint the weathered, rusty look of this vehicle. This paint can be used to create a dirty and weather-beaten look on the metal surfaces of the Trukk and also for creating a rusty look on the exhaust pipes.
This color may also be used as a base for other hues to be layered on top to create the desired effect. Painting the many factions of the Warhammer 40K universe is an excellent usage for this paint because of its versatility and ability to produce a multitude of effects.
Deathclaw Brown Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Caliban Green – Caliban Green is a teal color that can be used to create a split-complementary color scheme with Deathclaw Brown. This color can be used to paint the details and shadows of the miniatures, creating a nice contrast with the earthy tones of Deathclaw Brown.
- Stormhost Silver – Stormhost Silver is a metallic brass color that can be used to paint the details and accents of the miniatures, such as the trim and ornaments of the tanks and machinery. This color will add a nice balance to the earthy tones of Deathclaw Brown and create a nice contrast with the metallic parts.
- Averland Sunset – Averland Sunset is a yellow color that can be used to create a complementary color scheme with Deathclaw Brown. This color can be used to paint the highlights of the miniatures, creating a nice contrast with the earthy tones of Deathclaw Brown.
I have chosen these specific colors because they are all complementary to Deathclaw Brown, meaning that they are colors that are opposite on the color wheel and creates a nice balance when used together.
The combination of cool teal and warm earth tones creates a nice contrast, and the metallic brass and yellow colors adds a nice highlight and balance to the earthy tones. This color combo will make the miniatures look interesting, highlighting the details and creating a nice balance of hues, which is essential for a good miniature painting.