Screaming Bell is a paint from the Citadel Colour range that is designed for use as a base coat on miniature models. It is an acrylic paint with a satin finish, meaning it dries to a semi-gloss, slightly shiny surface.
The paint contains pigments that provide a dark, rich brown color that give great coverage, perfect as a foundation to build up other colors on miniatures.
Screaming Bell paint is a beginner friendly option and a staple color in the miniature painting palette, providing a strong foundation for a variety of other colors and techniques.
It is like the backbone of a painting, giving the miniature a strong foundation that other colors can be layered on top of, giving a finished look.
What vehicle armies to paint with Screaming Bell
Three Warhammer 40K vehicles that can be painted with Screaming Bell are listed below:
- Imperial Guard’s Leman Russ Tank – The Leman Russ Tank is one of the most iconic tanks in the Imperial Guard army, and Screaming Bell is a great choice for painting the hull and tracks of the tank, giving it a rugged, battle-worn appearance.
- Ork’s Battlewagon – Battlewagon, the Orks main battle tank, is a massive, heavily armed and armored vehicle, Screaming Bell can be used to paint the metal plates and tracks, giving it a strong foundation to build up other colors
- Chaos Space Marines Rhino – The Rhino is a versatile and heavily armored transport for the Chaos Space Marines, Screaming Bell can be used to paint the metal plates of the vehicle, giving it a dark and ominous look that fits well with the Chaos aesthetic.
The decision to list these specific vehicles was made by considering the Warhammer 40K universe and the visual characteristics of the factions. These vehicles are known for their heavy use of metal armor and machinery.
By using Screaming Bell paint, it is possible to create a consistent and gritty look for these vehicles’ metal elements, making them stand out on the battlefield.
It is a color I have used before and it gives a great coverage, providing a strong foundation for building up other colors.
Screaming Bell Colour Schemes & Combinations
The following is a list of bronze, white, and green Citadel Colour paints that can be used together with Screaming Bell:
- Bronze: Balthasar Gold, Agrax Earthshade, Sycorax Bronze
- White: Terminatus Stone, White Scar
- Green: Moot Green, Warpstone Glow
Screaming Bell is a warm-toned paint, so it pairs well with cool-toned colours like bronze, white, and green. Balthasar Gold, Agrax Earthshade, Sycorax Bronze are analogous colors which allow for a balance and harmony between the colors, creating a cohesive look with Screaming Bell.
Terminatus Stone and White Scar are cool-toned white colors that can be used for highlights and Moot Green and Warpstone Glow are cool-toned green color that can be used for details and highlights, creating a sense of depth and dimension in the miniature.