Garaghak’s Sewer is a striking paint from the Citadel Colour line. Its smooth, buttery consistency and rich, earthy hue make it an ideal base coat for any miniature painting project. The pigments used in this acrylic paint are of the highest quality, providing excellent coverage and a flawless, matt finish. Garaghak’s Sewer is a foundational color that pairs well with a variety of other colors in the Citadel Colour palette, making it an excellent choice for beginners and experienced miniature painters alike. With its impeccable coverage and unique hue, Garaghak’s Sewer is sure to make any miniature pop.
What armies to paint with Garaghak’s Sewer
In selecting these armies, I took into consideration their distinctive characteristics and color schemes.
- Death Guard: Garaghak’s Sewer is a great choice for painting the Death Guard army. The dark, putrid green of the Death Guard’s armor pairs well with the earthy tones of Garaghak’s Sewer, giving the models a gritty, realistic look.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus army is known for its machinery, with many of its units sporting a steampunk-esque look. Garaghak’s Sewer is an excellent choice for painting the metal components of these units, providing a nice contrast to the red robes that many of the Adeptus Mechanicus models wear.
- Orks: Orks are known for their love of battle and their rough, haphazard appearance. Garaghak’s Sewer is a great choice for painting the Orks’ armor and weaponry, giving them a grungy, rusty look that fits their character perfectly.
The Death Guard’s armor has a sickly green hue, which complements the earthy tones of Garaghak’s Sewer. The Adeptus Mechanicus army has a lot of metal components, making Garaghak’s Sewer an excellent choice for creating a rusty, gritty look. Orks have a rough and ready appearance, and Garaghak’s Sewer can help to create a grungy, battle-worn look for their armor and weapons.
Garaghak’s Sewer Colour Schemes & Combinations
It’s crucial to take color theory and complementary color schemes into account while choosing Citadel Colour paints that can be used with Garaghak’s Sewer. The following three hues go well with Garaghak’s Sewer:
- White Scar: White is the complementary color of Garaghak’s Sewer, and using it for highlights can create a nice contrast on your miniature. White Scar is a great option for highlighting areas like the edges of armor and weaponry.
- Mephiston Red: Mephiston Red is a deep, rich red that can be used to create an analogous color scheme with Garaghak’s Sewer. This means that the colors are adjacent to each other on the color wheel, creating a cohesive look. Mephiston Red can be used to highlight areas of the miniature, or to create a bold accent color.
- Retributor Armour: Retributor Armour is a metallic gold color that can be used to add some shine to your miniature. Gold is a split-complementary color to Garaghak’s Sewer, meaning that it complements the colors on either side of its complementary color. Retributor Armour can be used for areas like weaponry, helmets, or other metallic components.
Overall, this color palette offers a balanced and harmonious color combination that might enhance Garaghak’s Sewer. Mephiston Red establishes an analogous color scheme, White Scar adds a vivid, contrasting highlight, and Retributor Armor adds a metallic accent. These hues combined with Garaghak’s Sewer can give your miniatures a distinctive and captivating appearance.