Striking Scorpion Green is a highly pigmented acrylic paint from the Citadel Colour range that is perfect for miniature painting. It is a foundation paint with excellent coverage, making it an ideal choice for use as a base coat. When applied, Striking Scorpion Green dries to a smooth and consistent matt finish, creating a realistic and natural appearance on your models. Its bold green color provides a striking contrast to other colors in the range, making it a great addition to any beginner or experienced painter’s palette. Overall, Striking Scorpion Green is an essential color for those looking to create a vibrant and eye-catching army of miniatures.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Striking Scorpion Green
- Astra Militarum – The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, are the primary fighting force of the Imperium. They are made up of countless regiments from across the galaxy, and many of these regiments use Striking Scorpion Green as a primary color for their uniforms. This bold green color provides a striking contrast to the muted tones of the army’s tanks and artillery, making it an ideal choice for creating a dynamic and visually interesting force.
- Space Marines – The Space Marines are the iconic soldiers of the Imperium, genetically enhanced and clad in power armor. Striking Scorpion Green can be used to paint the trim and details on the armor of many Space Marine chapters, including the Salamanders and the Dark Angels. This vivid green color is a great way to add some personality and flair to your Space Marine army.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of the Imperium that specializes in the creation and maintenance of machinery and technology. Striking Scorpion Green can be used to paint the robes of their tech-priests, providing a striking contrast to the metallic tones of their armor and the red of their robes. This color can also be used to add some visual interest to the many cables and wires that make up the Adeptus Mechanicus’ machinery.
In the Warhammer 40K universe, the Imperium is often depicted as having a utilitarian and industrial aesthetic, and the addition of a bold and striking color like Striking Scorpion Green can help break up the monotony of these armies while still fitting within the overall aesthetic.
Striking Scorpion Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Blue – Macragge Blue, Alaitoc Blue, and Calgar Blue are all great choices for pairing with Striking Scorpion Green. Blue is an analogous color to green, meaning it sits next to it on the color wheel and can be used to create a harmonious color scheme. These blue paints can be used to create highlights and shadows on models painted with Striking Scorpion Green, as well as providing a good balance to the boldness of the green color.
- Yellow – Yriel Yellow is a great choice for a bright and striking contrast to Striking Scorpion Green. Yellow is a complementary color to green, meaning it sits opposite it on the color wheel and creates a strong visual impact when used together. Yriel Yellow can be used to create highlights on models painted with Striking Scorpion Green, as well as providing a good balance between the warm and cool tones of the two colors.
- Brass – Runelord Brass is a metallic brass color that pairs well with Striking Scorpion Green. Metallic paints like Runelord Brass can be used to create visual interest on models by adding shine and reflecting light in interesting ways. This copper color is a split-complementary color to green, meaning it sits opposite blue and blue-violet on the color wheel, and can be used to create a balanced and dynamic color combo.