Leviathan Purple is a deep, rich purple paint from Citadel Colour that is perfect for creating a regal and royal feel on your miniatures. As a base coat, it provides a solid foundation with excellent coverage and is perfect for layering or blending with other colours. The matt finish creates a smooth and consistent surface for painting, and the high-quality pigments and acrylic formula make it an ideal choice for both beginner and advanced miniature painters. The colour palette of Leviathan Purple adds depth and vibrancy to any miniature painting project, making it an excellent choice for creating a striking visual impact.
What armies to paint with Leviathan Purple
The decision to list these specific armies was made with the unique aesthetics of each faction in mind. Leviathan Purple is a bold and striking colour that can be used to create a regal and royal feel on any miniature.
- Tyranids: Leviathan Purple is an excellent choice for painting Tyranids, a faction of the Warhammer 40K universe known for their monstrous creatures and otherworldly appearance. The rich, regal colour of Leviathan Purple creates a striking contrast with the Tyranids’ organic, insect-like shapes and makes them stand out on the tabletop.
- Chaos Space Marines: The Chaos Space Marines are a dark and twisted faction of the Warhammer 40K universe that can benefit from the bold and vibrant colour of Leviathan Purple. The regal purple hue adds a sinister and otherworldly feel to their armour, weapons, and machinery, enhancing their menacing and chaotic appearance.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of the Warhammer 40K universe that specializes in technology and machinery, making Leviathan Purple an excellent choice for painting their vehicles and weapons. The regal purple hue adds a sense of prestige and luxury to their advanced technology, making them stand out on the tabletop.
The Tyranids, Chaos Space Marines, and Adeptus Mechanicus all have distinctive appearances that can be enhanced with the rich hue of Leviathan Purple. Whether you are looking to add a touch of luxury to your machinery or create an otherworldly appearance on your soldiers, Leviathan Purple is a versatile and visually stunning choice for any Warhammer 40K army.
Leviathan Purple Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Mephiston Red: Red is a complementary color to purple, and Mephiston Red is an excellent choice for highlighting and balancing Leviathan Purple. Mephiston Red has a deep, rich hue that pairs well with the regal and bold color of Leviathan Purple. Used together, these colors create a visually striking and balanced combination that can add depth and dimension to any miniature.
- Waaagh! Flesh: Green is an analogous color to purple, and Waaagh! Flesh is a perfect choice for shading and highlighting Leviathan Purple. The subtle hues of green complement the regal and bold color of Leviathan Purple, creating a visually pleasing and harmonious combination. Used together, these colors can create a sense of balance and depth, bringing any miniature to life.
- Ushabti Bone: Bone is a split-complementary color to purple, and Ushabti Bone is an ideal choice for highlighting and adding metallic accents to Leviathan Purple. The warm, earthy tones of Ushabti Bone complement the bold and regal color of Leviathan Purple, creating a visually stunning combination that adds depth and dimension to any miniature. Used together, these colors can create a sense of balance and sophistication, making any miniature stand out on the tabletop.
Color theory and balance were taken into consideration when making the choice to list these particular paints.
Each of these hues has a distinctive relationship with purple, and when combined they make a beautiful and harmonious set that can improve any miniature.
Mephiston Red, Waaagh! is the perfect hue whether you want to give your miniatures depth and dimension or create a chic and eye-catching color combination. Excellent options that can advance your painting abilities include Flesh and Ushabti Bone.