Hobgrot Hide is a base coat paint from Citadel Colour, specifically designed for miniature painting. This paint has a matt finish and is made with high-quality pigments and acrylic medium, providing excellent coverage and foundation for other colours to be applied on top. It’s a great choice for beginners as it can be used as a base coat for a wide range of miniatures and allows for good layering and blending of colours. Think of Hobgrot Hide as the foundation of a house, providing a stable and solid base upon which the rest of the miniature’s colour palette can be built.
What armies to paint with Hobgrot Hide
Hobgrot Hide is a versatile paint color that can be used as a base coat for many armies in the Warhammer 40K universe.
- T’au Empire: This army is composed of technologically advanced aliens that have a variety of different colored armor and machinery. Using Hobgrot Hide as a base coat for the armor before applying other colors can help to create a smooth and consistent finish, making it easy to achieve a professional-looking paint job.
- Imperial Guard: This army is composed of soldiers who wear distinctive and heavy armor, as well as tanks and heavy artillery. Hobgrot Hide is a perfect color to create a consistent and solid base coat for the armor and vehicles which are then layered with other colors.
- Chaos Daemons : This army is composed of the twisted manifestation of the chaos gods, these entities have a variety of different shapes, forms and colors. But Hobgrot Hide can be used as a base coat on the flesh of these creatures, it will provide a perfect canvas for the painter to apply brighter and darker colors on top.
In summary, the decision to list these armies was based on the fact that they all have a variety of different colored armor, machinery, and vehicles which need a stable and consistent base coat. Hobgrot Hide is a great option for these armies as it provides a smooth and even foundation upon which to apply other colors. Additionally, Hobgrot Hide is perfect for the flesh of the Daemons, it is a neutral color that allows the painter to achieve a natural and realistic skin tone.
Hobgrot Hide Colour Schemes & Combinations
When painting miniatures, choosing the right colors to complement each other is important for creating visually interesting and balanced compositions. Hobgrot Hide is a neutral base coat that can be paired with a variety of other colors to create different effects.
- Silver: Leadbelcher, a cool metallic silver can be used to create highlights on different metallic surfaces such as weapons, armor and machinery. This color contrasts with Hobgrot Hide, it will create a nice balance on the overall color scheme and give the miniature a cool and futuristic look.
- Brass: Averland Sunset, a warm metallic brass color can be used to create highlights and other embellishments on the miniature. This color will complement the Hobgrot Hide by creating a balance on the overall color scheme, it will also give the miniature a vintage and rusty look.
- Bone: Zandri Dust, a pale warm color that can be used as a drybrush to give highlights to surfaces such as armor, clothes, or weapons. It will help to create a worn and weathered look on the miniature. It creates a good balance with Hobgrot Hide, as it creates a nice contrast.
In summary, the decision to list these colors was based on the color theory that uses complementary and analogous colors to create contrast and balance. Leadbelcher, Averland Sunset and Zandri Dust are colors that when combined with Hobgrot Hide create a nice color combo that allows the painter to create dynamic and visually appealing miniatures.
Additionally, silver and brass are great to add highlights on different metallic surfaces and bone is great to give highlights to other surfaces.