The Martian Ironearth paint from Citadel Colour is a rich, rusty brown that provides the perfect base for painting the rugged, earthy terrain of the Warhammer 40K universe. This versatile paint has a velvety matte finish that will add depth and texture to your miniatures, thanks to its blend of high-quality pigments and acrylic. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned painter, Martian Ironearth provides excellent coverage and is a staple in any miniature painter’s palette. With just one base coat, you’ll be able to lay the foundation for a truly convincing Martian landscape.
What vehicle armies to paint with Martian Ironearth
Martian Ironearth paint is a versatile and popular color in the Warhammer 40K universe. The warm and earthy hue is a great base color for a variety of vehicles, tanks and other machinery used by the factions. The following are three examples of Warhammer 40K vehicles that can be painted with Martian Ironearth:
- Imperial Guard Chimera – This armored personnel carrier is a staple of the Imperial Guard army. Martian Ironearth provides an excellent base coat to create a rustic, war-weary appearance, fitting with the Guard’s rugged and utilitarian aesthetic.
- Ork Battlewagon – These rickety and cobbled together vehicles are a mainstay of the Ork army. Martian Ironearth provides a great base color to create a rough and worn look, perfect for the industrial look of the Ork vehicles.
- Space Marine Land Raider – This is a heavily armored transport used by the Space Marine chapters. Martian Ironearth provides a great base for creating a metallic appearance, which can then be highlighted with bronze or copper accents to create a striking appearance for this armored behemoth.
In conclusion, Martian Ironearth provides a versatile base color that can be used to create a variety of effects, making it a popular choice for painting Warhammer 40K vehicles.
Martian Ironearth Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here is a list of yellow, silver, white Citadel Colour paints that would work well with Martian Ironearth
- Zamesi Desert: A warm yellow color that can be used for highlights and for painting the metal parts of vehicles, such as exhaust pipes or engines, to add a pop of color to your miniature.
- Celestra Grey: A cool silver color that works well with Martian Ironearth, serving as a secondary color to bring balance to the overall look of your miniature. This can be used to paint metal parts or accents on the vehicle.
- White Scar: A bright, clean white color that can be used to highlight Martian Ironearth and add a sense of contrast. This color can be used to create the illusion of reflections on metal surfaces, bringing your vehicle to life.
In making the decision to list these specific paints, color theory was considered. The combination of Martian Ironearth, Zamesi Desert, Celestra Grey, and White Scar creates an analogous color scheme. Analogous color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel, which creates a harmonious and balanced color palette. By using this color scheme, you can ensure that your vehicles have a cohesive and visually pleasing look.