Citadel Colour’s Kroxigor Scales is a high-quality acrylic paint designed for miniature painting. This base coat paint is perfect for lizardmen or any miniatures that require a scaly and reptilian texture. With a smooth and even application, Kroxigor Scales dries to a matt finish, providing excellent coverage for both beginner and experienced painters alike. This color can be a great foundation for creating a variety of reptilian color schemes and can be used as part of a balanced palette of colors for miniatures.
What armies to paint with Kroxigor Scales
Here are three Warhammer 40K armies that you can paint with Kroxigor Scales:
- Tyranids: The Tyranids are a bio-engineered alien race that use genetic engineering to create new creatures to consume their prey. The creatures in this army often feature a chitinous armor and scaly textures, making Kroxigor Scales a great choice for painting these models.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of the Imperium of Man that specialize in technology and machines. These models often feature a metallic and mechanical appearance, but some also have scaly and textured components. Kroxigor Scales can be used to create an interesting contrast and help to add more depth to these models.
- Astra Militarum: The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, are the primary human fighting force in the Warhammer 40K universe. These models often wear camouflaged uniforms and carry various guns and tanks. While Kroxigor Scales may not be an obvious choice for this army, it can be used to create an interesting contrast when painting textured parts of tanks and machinery.
Tyranids are known for their scaly and chitinous appearance, making Kroxigor Scales a natural choice for painting them.
The Adeptus Mechanicus have a variety of textures in their models, including some scaly and reptilian parts, providing an opportunity to use Kroxigor Scales to create an interesting contrast. Finally, Astra Militarum models can be painted with a variety of colors and textures, and Kroxigor Scales can be used to create an unexpected but visually interesting color scheme.
Kroxigor Scales Colour Schemes & Combinations
The decision to suggest these colors was based on color theory and balancing the colors in a color combo:
- Caliban Green: This dark green color is an excellent choice to complement Kroxigor Scales. It is an analogous color that would create a balanced and cohesive color scheme, with both colors appearing natural in a similar environment.
- Brass Scorpion: This metallic brass color would work well with Kroxigor Scales, creating a contrast between the rough reptilian texture and the smooth, shiny metallic texture. Brass Scorpion is a split-complementary color to green, as it sits opposite green on the color wheel, with yellow-orange and red-orange.
- Celestra Grey: This light grey color would be an excellent highlight color for the scaly texture created by Kroxigor Scales. The lightness of the color would create a nice contrast against the dark green and brass colors.
Caliban Green is a natural complement to Kroxigor Scales, creating a balanced and analogous color scheme. Brass Scorpion, as a metallic color, creates a textural contrast with the rough reptilian texture of Kroxigor Scales. Finally, Celestra Grey provides a light highlight to the darker and more textured green and brass colors, creating a balanced and visually interesting color combo.