Citadel Colour’s Lugganath Orange is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for miniature painting. The base coat is a bright, vivid orange that provides excellent coverage and a matt finish. The pigments used in the paint are carefully selected to ensure that the colour is consistent and long-lasting. Lugganath Orange is a great foundation colour for any beginner’s palette, providing a solid base for layering and highlighting. It can be used as a substitute for Yriel Yellow in some of the factions where that color is used.
What armies to paint with Lugganath Orange
- The Blood Angels Space Marines: The Blood Angels are a chapter of Space Marines known for their bright, vibrant colors and the use of orange in their power armor. Lugganath Orange is a great choice for painting the armor of this chapter, with the color being very close to the official orange of the chapter, it makes it easy to achieve a consistent look across all your miniatures.
- The Thousand Sons: The Thousand Sons are a faction of Chaos Space Marines known for their use of psychic powers and the colour scheme of their armor. Lugganath Orange can be used to paint the details of their armor, and also to create a sense of energy and movement on the miniatures.
- The Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of the Imperium known for their advanced machinery and technological expertise. Lugganath Orange is a great choice for painting the intricate details and glowing energy fields of their soldiers, tanks and guns.
These armies were chosen as they are all part of the Imperium and Chaos factions, and they all make use of orange in their armor, machinery or energy fields in a way or another. Lugganath Orange is a great paint for achieving a bright and consistent orange that works well for these factions and can be used to create highlights, shadows, and balance, providing a more dynamic and interesting color scheme.
Lugganath Orange Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Abaddon Black: Abaddon Black is a deep, rich black color that can be used to create a striking contrast with Lugganath Orange. As a complementary colour to orange, it can be used to create a sense of visual tension on the miniature, and it can be used to paint the details of the miniature, like eyes, lenses, or gems.
- Auric Armour Gold: Auric Armour Gold is a bright, metallic gold color that can be used to create a split-complementary color scheme with Lugganath Orange. This color can be used to create a sense of movement and energy on the miniature, as well as to break the monotony of the orange.
- Xereus Purple: Xereus Purple is a purple color that can be used in combination with Lugganath Orange to create an analogous color scheme. This color can be used to create a sense of depth and balance on the miniature, and can also be used to paint the details of the miniature.
These hues were selected because they work well with Lugganath Orange since they are split-complementary, complementary, and analogous to orange.
They can also be utilized to add highlights, shadows, and balance for a more dynamic and fascinating color scheme. These hues can also be combined with metallic paints to accentuate the miniature’s detailing.