Abaddon Black, a base coat paint from Citadel Colour, is made especially for use when painting miniatures. It is an acrylic paint with a matte finish and premium pigments that offer outstanding coverage and facilitate simple color blending.
The foundation color Abaddon Black is frequently used as a base coat for other colours, especially darker hues. It is a go-to color for any palette and is a flexible and dependable option for both novice and seasoned miniature painters.
Abaddon Black, with its rich, deep black hue, is a crucial color for miniatures and may be utilized to produce a variety of effects and aesthetics.
What armies to paint with Abaddon Black
- Necrons: Necrons are a faction of robotic warriors from the Warhammer 40K universe. They are known for their metallic armour and machinery, and Abaddon Black can be used to paint their guns, tanks, and other equipment.
- Dark Eldar: Dark Eldar are a faction of ruthless alien pirates from the Warhammer 40K universe. They are known for their sleek, agile armour and weaponry, and Abaddon Black can be used to paint their soldiers and infantry units.
- Tyranids: Tyranids are a faction of alien creatures from the Warhammer 40K universe. They are known for their chitinous exoskeletons and biomass-based weaponry, and Abaddon Black can be used to paint their monstrous units and machinery.
These armies were chosen because they are all members of the Xenos faction in the Warhammer 40K universe, and because each one has a distinct look that can be improved by the application of Abaddon Black.
Abaddon Black Colour Schemes & Combinations
Color theory, which is the study of how colours interact with one another, is typically the foundation for the choice to employ particular colours together. Utilizing complimentary colours, or those that sit opposite one another on the color wheel, is one of the basic tenets of color theory. Red and green are complementary colours, for instance.
Split complementary colours are made up of the complementary color and the two colours on either side of it. Red, yellow-green, and blue-green, for instance, are split-complementary colours.
Here are some Citadel Colour paints that can be used together with Abaddon Black:
- Leadbelcher: A metallic silver-grey color that can be used to add metallic accents to black surfaces.
- Eshin Grey: A cool grey color that can be used to highlight black surfaces for a more textured look.
- Incubi Darkness: A dark greenish-blue color that can be used to create a striking contrast with black.
- Mephiston Red: A vibrant red color that can be used to add bold accents to black surfaces.
- Kislev Flesh: A pale flesh-tone color that can be used to highlight skin and other organic surfaces when painting black-clad miniatures.