The Macragge Blue paint from Citadel Colours is a deeply saturated, almost electric shade of blue that captures the eye like a bolt of lightning.
It’s the kind of colour that would make a bold statement on any miniature or model, commanding attention and commanding respect.
It’s a shade that’s as cool as ice and as crisp as a winter’s day, yet it’s also rich and vibrant, like the depths of a clear summer sky.
Whether you’re looking to add a pop of colour to your tabletop army or just want to bring your models to life, the Macragge Blue paint is sure to make a splash.
What armies to paint with Macragge Blue?
Macragge Blue is a popular colour choice for many armies in the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop wargame. It is commonly associated with the Ultramarines chapter of Space Marines, as well as other loyalist Space Marine chapters that draw inspiration from them.
Macragge Blue can also be used to paint the armor and other details of other loyalist Imperial armies, such as the Adeptus Mechanicus or the Imperial Guard. It can also be used to paint the details on vehicles and other terrain pieces, as well as to create a striking contrast against other colours in a paint scheme.
- Ultramarines – The Ultramarines are one of the most iconic armies in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their signature colour is Macragge Blue. This paint would be the perfect choice for anyone looking to recreate the look of the Ultramarines on their miniatures or models.
- Space Wolves – The Space Wolves are another popular army in Warhammer 40K, and they often feature blue elements in their colour schemes. Macragge Blue would be a great choice for painting the armor, weapons, and other details on Space Wolves miniatures.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The Adeptus Mechanicus are a technologically advanced army in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their colour scheme frequently features metallic blues and grays. Macragge Blue would be a great choice for adding highlights and accents to Adeptus Mechanicus models, helping to bring out the intricate details and give them a futuristic, high-tech look.
Macragge Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
There are a few other Citadel Colours paints that would complement Macragge Blue beautifully:
- Calgar Blue – this is a softer, more muted shade of blue that would be a perfect match for Macragge Blue. Think of it as the yin to Macragge Blue’s yang, or the calm to its storm. Calgar Blue would be great for adding subtle shading and highlighting to areas painted with Macragge Blue, helping to give your models a more realistic, nuanced look.
- Aethermatic Blue – this is a bright, turquoise-like shade of blue that would pair perfectly with Macragge Blue. Imagine them as two sides of the same coin, or two notes in the same chord. Macragge Aqua would be great for adding pops of colour and contrast, helping to draw the eye and add visual interest.
- Fenrisian Grey – a soft, muted shade of grey that would be a great complement to Macragge Blue. Fenrisian Grey would be great for adding highlights and accents, helping to give your models a more polished, finished look.