The Calgar Blue paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for miniature painting. It’s a deep, rich blue color that can be used as a base coat to create a striking foundation for any miniature painting project. The paint’s matt finish and smooth consistency make it easy to work with and provide excellent coverage, making it a great choice for both beginners and experienced painters. It is a versatile colour that can be used on a variety of miniatures and is a must-have in any painter’s palette, for those looking for a shade of blue with a bit more depth than Lothern Blue.
What armies to paint with Calgar Blue
- Ultramarines – Like Lothern Blue, Calgar Blue is a great match for the blue armor of Ultramarines. However, it has a deeper, richer shade of blue that can create a more striking and vibrant look for the miniatures. This shade of blue is also a good match for the blue and white colour scheme of Ultramarines.
- Space Wolves – The Space Wolves are a Space Marine chapter known for their unique armor, which often includes blue and white elements. Calgar Blue would be a great choice for painting these elements, as well as their vehicles and machinery.
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is a faction of the Imperium that specializes in infantry and tanks. Calgar Blue would be a great choice for painting their tanks and vehicles, as well as for the highlights of the Imperial Guard’s uniforms.
The decision to list these armies is based on the similarity of their main color scheme and the specific shade of Calgar Blue.
These factions are known in the Warhammer 40k universe for their blue armor and machinery, and Calgar Blue is a perfect match to paint these miniatures. This shade of blue is deeper and richer than Lothern Blue, which can create a more striking and vibrant look for the miniatures.
Calgar Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
The decision to list these specific paints is based on the principle of colour theory and the concept of split-complementary colours, which are colours that are adjacent to the complementary colour on the colour wheel.
- Brown: Agrax Earthshade – Agrax Earthshade is a warm-toned brown paint that can be used to create shadows and depth on a miniature painted with Calgar Blue. The brown color can also be used to create a natural, earthy contrast to the blue.
- Black: Abaddon Black – Abaddon Black can be used to create deep shadows and highlights on a miniature painted with Calgar Blue. The black color can also be used to create a stark contrast to the blue, which can be used to highlight certain features or areas of a miniature.
- Silver: Leadbelcher – Leadbelcher is a metallic silver paint that can be used to add a metallic touch to a miniature painted with Calgar Blue. The silver color can be used to highlight details such as weapons, ornaments and other metallic elements.
Analogous colours also can be a good combination for Calgar Blue. These colours work well together to create a harmonious and balanced colour combo. These specific paints from Citadel Colour are also known for their high-quality pigments and easy application, making them a great choice for miniature painting.