The Underhive Ash paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile and versatile option for miniature painting enthusiasts. Its high-quality pigments produce a smooth, matte finish that provides excellent coverage and makes it a popular choice for use as a base coat. This acrylic paint serves as a strong foundation for adding depth and detail to your miniatures, and its subtle, neutral tone is a staple in many palettes, making it ideal for both beginners and experienced painters alike. Whether you’re looking to create moody and atmospheric scenes in the Warhammer 40K universe, or simply looking for a solid base color, Underhive Ash is a go-to color for miniature enthusiasts everywhere.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Underhive Ash
- Space Marines: Underhive Ash can be used to paint Space Marines, one of the most iconic armies of the Imperium in the Warhammer 40K universe. This neutral gray color provides an excellent base for highlighting with brighter colors, making it ideal for painting armor, guns, and other equipment. To create a unique look, you can mix Underhive Ash with other Citadel Colors to create custom shades and add depth to your models.
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard, also known as the Astra Militarum, is another army of the Imperium that can benefit from the use of Underhive Ash. This versatile color can be used as a base coat for a variety of different tanks, infantry units, and artillery pieces, providing a uniform look to your army. To add contrast, you can use other Citadel Colors such as Chainmail or Badab Black to create shadows and highlights.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus is a faction within the Imperium that specializes in advanced technology and robotics. Underhive Ash can be used to paint their machinery, vehicles, and weapons, giving them a gritty, industrial look. Mixing Underhive Ash with other colors such as Ironbreaker or Leadbelcher can create a metallic finish that perfectly fits the aesthetic of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Underhive Ash Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Alaitoc Blue is an appropriate blue Citadel Color paint to combine with Underhive Ash. Alaitoc Blue helps bring brightness to the entire color palette by offering a wonderful contrast to the dark, subdued tones of Underhive Ash.
- Retributor Armor is a wise investment if you have gold. Retributor armor’s metallic sheen can be used to impart highlights to tools, vehicles, and other metallic components, giving the army a sense of radiance and richness.
- For flesh, a recommended Citadel Colour paint is Averland Sunset. The warm, peachy-brown Averland Sunset can be utilized for different flesh tones in the army, bringing the dazzling golden highlights and the deep Underhive Ash into perfect harmony.