Citadel Colour’s Militarum Green is a powerful paint that serves as a solid foundation for any miniature painting project. Its highly-pigmented formula offers excellent coverage, while its acrylic base dries to a durable, matt finish that resists wear and tear. This green is a staple in the beginner’s palette of colours for miniatures and serves as a solid foundation for layering other colours on top. Think of Militarum Green as the bedrock of your painting foundation, providing a reliable base for your miniature masterpieces.
What vehicle armies to paint with Militarum Green
As an expert in the Warhammer 40K universe, I would recommend painting the following vehicles with Militarum Green:
- Leman Russ Battle Tank – This battle tank is one of the most iconic vehicles in the Imperial Guard army, and its tough armour plating makes it an excellent candidate for painting with Militarum Green. The tank’s powerful guns and machinery will stand out against the deep green hue, making it an impressive addition to any collection.
- Ork Wartrak – The Orks are known for their love of machinery, and the Wartrak is no exception. With its ramshackle construction and big guns, the Wartrak is a perfect fit for a coat of Militarum Green. The rugged look of the vehicle will contrast nicely with the smooth finish of the green paint, making it a standout piece in any Ork army.
- Necron Annihilation Barge – The Necrons are a race of highly advanced robots who wield incredibly powerful weapons. The Annihilation Barge is no exception, with its array of guns and impressive armour. Painting this vehicle with Militarum Green will give it a sleek, futuristic look that matches the high-tech aesthetic of the Necron army.
The decision to recommend these vehicles was based on the fact that they are all well-known vehicles in their respective armies and have a lot of armour and machinery on them. The deep green hue of Militarum Green will complement the metal components and make the guns and other details stand out. Additionally, all three armies (Imperial Guard, Orks, and Necrons) have a militaristic theme, making them an appropriate fit for a military-inspired green like Militarum Green.
Militarum Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
There are several things to think about when selecting Citadel Colour paints to use with Militarum Green, such as color theory, complimentary and split-complementary colors, analogous colors, highlighting and shading, hues, metallics, and balance.
For Militarum Green, the following Citadel Colour paints can be used to create a striking color combo:
- Runelord Brass – a metallic copper color that complements the earthy tones of Militarum Green and adds a touch of shine to the model.
- Abaddon Black – a solid, matte black that can be used to create depth and shadows in conjunction with Militarum Green.
- Mephiston Red – a bright, vibrant red that adds a pop of color and contrast to the green and black tones.
In terms of color theory, copper and green are considered complementary colors, while black and red are considered split-complementary colors. Additionally, these colors are all adjacent to each other on the color wheel, making them analogous colors.
When used together, the combination of Militarum Green, Runelord Brass, Abaddon Black, and Mephiston Red creates a visually striking color scheme with a good balance of hues, shadows, and highlights. The metallic copper of Runelord Brass complements the green tones of Militarum Green, while the black and red add depth and contrast to the overall color combo.