Russ Grey – Air Paint is a versatile, acrylic-based paint with a matt finish that serves as an excellent base coat for miniature painting. The pigments used in this paint are carefully selected to provide smooth coverage, making it a great option for beginners looking to build a solid foundation for their miniature’s color palette. This paint’s cool, neutral undertone is the perfect canvas for layering and highlighting with other colors, making it a versatile choice for any miniature painting project.
What armies to paint with Russ Grey – Air Paint
- The Space Wolves are a faction of the Warhammer 40K universe known for their fierce and rugged appearance. Russ Grey – Air Paint would be a great choice for painting the armor and machinery of the Space Wolves, as it’s a cool and neutral grey that would provide a great foundation for highlights and shadows.
- The Imperial Guard, or Astra Militarum, are a faction known for their heavy use of tanks and artillery. Russ Grey – Air Paint would be a great choice for painting the tanks and artillery of the Imperial Guard, as it’s a perfect match for the metallic tones commonly used in Imperial Guard armies.
- The Adeptus Mechanicus is a faction known for their advanced technology and machinery. Russ Grey – Air Paint would be perfect for painting the metal parts of the Adeptus Mechanicus army, as it would provide a base coat that would look excellent when highlighted with metallics and shaded with other greys.
Russ Grey – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Khorne Red: This is a great complementary color to Russ Grey as it creates a strong contrast and makes the grey pop. It can be used for highlights on armor and weapons.
- Agrax Earthshade: This is a brown wash that can be used to add depth and shadows to the Russ Grey. It can be used to create a worn, weathered look on armor and machinery.
- Pallid Wych Flesh: This is a flesh color that can be used to add highlights to areas that would be exposed skin on the miniatures. It can also be used to create a more realistic look on the miniatures.
I chose these specific paints because they each play a specific role in creating a balanced and believable color scheme for the miniatures. Khorne Red provides a strong contrast, Agrax Earthshade adds depth and shadows, and Pallid Wych Flesh adds highlights and realism. Together, these colors can be used to create a cohesive and visually interesting paint job on the miniatures.