Soulblight Grey is a versatile and essential colour for any miniature painting beginner. It is a high-quality acrylic paint that provides an excellent base coat with a smooth, matt finish. The pigment of this paint is finely ground, allowing for easy application and full coverage on a variety of surfaces. The colour itself is a strong foundation that can be used as a base for lighter or darker colours in a miniature painting palette. Whether you’re a seasoned painter or a beginner, Soulblight Grey is a must-have in any collection of colours for miniatures.
What armies to paint with Soulblight Grey
As an expert in the Warhammer 40K universe, I can suggest three armies that would look great painted with Soulblight Grey.
- Space Wolves: The Space Wolves are one of the most iconic factions in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their armour is a perfect fit for Soulblight Grey. This color would look fantastic on their power armour, and could be complemented with other grey shades and metallic highlights. The wolves themselves could be painted with a similar color, providing a uniform look across the army.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus are known for their machinery and technology, making Soulblight Grey a great choice for painting their tanks and other vehicles. This color can be used to create a weathered and industrial look, adding to the army’s overall aesthetic. Additionally, Soulblight Grey can be used on the soldiers’ robes or cloaks to create contrast and interest.
- Astra Militarum: The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, is a great army to paint with Soulblight Grey. The tanks, guns, and other machinery in this army are often painted in muted, industrial colours, making Soulblight Grey a natural fit. This color can also be used on the infantry’s uniforms or helmets, creating a cohesive and visually appealing look.
The Space Wolves are known for their grey armor and wolf motifs, making Soulblight Grey a natural choice.
The Adeptus Mechanicus are known for their industrial and technological look, which Soulblight Grey can help to achieve.
The Astra Militarum’s utilitarian and military appearance makes Soulblight Grey a perfect choice for painting their machinery and soldiers.
Ultimately, Soulblight Grey is a versatile color that can be used across a variety of Warhammer 40K armies to great effect.
Soulblight Grey Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to choosing Citadel Colour paints that can be used together with Soulblight Grey, there are several options that can provide a striking and balanced color scheme. Here are some options for red, bone, and copper colors:
- Khorne Red: This vibrant red color is a complementary color to Soulblight Grey, meaning they are opposite each other on the color wheel. This creates a dynamic and visually appealing contrast that can make your models pop. Highlighting with lighter reds and pinks can further enhance the effect.
- Ushabti Bone: As an analogous color to Soulblight Grey, Ushabti Bone provides a subtle contrast that creates a cohesive color scheme. It can be used to highlight bone areas of models, providing depth and interest.
- Runelord Brass: This metallic copper color can be used to highlight metallic areas of models, such as weapons or armor. Its warm hue provides a striking contrast to the cool Soulblight Grey, while also providing balance to the overall color scheme.