The Straken Green paint from Citadel Colour is a highly pigmented, acrylic paint with a distinctive, dark green color. It has a matt finish and provides an excellent foundation for layering other colors, while the coverage is superb. The pigments used in this paint are perfect for miniature painting and are ideal for beginners who are looking to expand their palette. Straken Green is a perfect paint for creating a bold and striking look on your miniatures, particularly those of the Catachan Jungle Fighters.
What armies to paint with Straken Green
- Catachan Jungle Fighters: Straken Green is the perfect paint to use when painting Catachan Jungle Fighters, as it is the primary color used in the armor and clothing of these soldiers. This paint will give your miniatures a distinctive, rugged look that is perfect for this army.
- Imperial Guard: Straken Green can be used as a base coat for the armor and clothing of Imperial Guard miniatures, giving them a distinctive, rugged look that is perfect for this army.
- Deathwatch: The Deathwatch is a specialized Space Marine chapter that makes use of a variety of camouflage patterns on their armor. Straken Green can be used as a base coat for the camouflage pattern, giving them a distinctive, rugged look that is perfect for this army.
The decision to list these specific armies was based on the fact that they have a consistent use of green in their aesthetic and Straken Green is the perfect paint to achieve that look.
Additionally, Straken Green is a versatile paint that can be used as a base coat for a variety of colors, making it a good choice for painting multiple armies. Furthermore, the distinctive and rugged look of the paint will add a level of realism and visual interest to the miniatures.
Straken Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on the principles of color theory, it was decided to list these particular paints because the brown and teal are split-complementary and analogous to the green, which would produce a pleasing balance of hues and a dynamic appearance.
- Baneblade Brown: Baneblade Brown is a warm brown paint that can be used to create a sense of depth and contrast on Straken Green miniatures. The warm brown color is an analogous color to the dark green, which will create a nice balance of colors and a dynamic look.
- Caledor Sky: Caledor Sky is a teal paint that can be used to create a cool contrast on Straken Green miniatures. The teal color is a split-complementary color to green, which will create a nice balance of colors and a dynamic look.
- White Scar: White Scar is a great paint to use for highlighting the edges and details of Straken Green miniatures. The white color will complement the dark green and add a touch of realism to your miniatures.
In order to give the miniatures a more three-dimensional appearance and to add depth and contrast to the Straken Green, the brown and teal can also be used to create shadows and highlights on the figures. The white shade will also go well with the dark green and give the tiny a little more reality.