Mechanicus Standard Grey is a versatile, matte finish acrylic paint from Citadel Colour. Its pigments provide a smooth, foundation coverage for miniature painting, making it a great choice for beginners and experts alike.
The color is a neutral grey that can serve as a base coat for many models and can be mixed with other colors to create a wide range of shades, like a blank canvas on which to paint your miniature masterpieces. The Matt finish gives a realistic look to the miniatures, making them appear as if they are made of metal.
What armies to paint with Mechanicus Standard Grey – Air Paint
These armies were chosen because they have a lot of machinery, armor and metallic elements on them, that would benefit from a neutral grey base coat that can be layered with other colors to create a weathered, metallic look.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus army is a faction within the Warhammer 40K universe that is heavily focused on technology and machinery. The Mechanicus Standard Grey paint is a great choice for painting the armor, guns, and tanks of this army, as it provides a neutral base coat that can be layered with other colors to create a weathered, metallic look.
- Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard is another army within the Warhammer 40K universe that is known for its heavy machinery and armored vehicles. The Mechanicus Standard Grey paint is a perfect choice for painting the tanks and artillery of this army, as it provides a neutral base coat that can be used to create a realistic, industrial look.
- Space Marines: Space Marines armies are known for their iconic power armor and equipment, and the Mechanicus Standard Grey paint is a great choice for painting the armor plates of these soldiers. This paint can also be used to create a weathered, battle-worn look on the armor, highlighting the details and making the miniatures more realistic.
The Mechanicus Standard Grey paint is a versatile color that can be used as a base coat for many armies, but these three armies in particular have a lot of opportunities to create realistic, industrial looks with this paint.
Mechanicus Standard Grey – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
The Mechanicus Standard Grey – Air Paint is a versatile basecoat that can be used as a foundation for a variety of armies from the Warhammer 40K universe. When combined with other Citadel Colour paints, it can create a range of different looks and effects. To complement the neutral tones of Mechanicus Standard Grey, I recommend using the following colours:
- Flesh-Flesh Tearers Red can be used to highlight the skin of your miniatures and give them a more realistic appearance. It can also be used to add a splash of color to your army.
- Black-Abaddon Black can be used to provide depth and darkness to your army. It can be utilized to contrast and give the miniature’s details a sense of depth.
- Bone-To give your army a sense of age and worn, use the color paint “Ushabti Bone“. It can be used to paint your miniatures’ bone components to give them a realistic appearance.
I chose these colors because they are complementary to the neutral gray of Mechanicus Standard Grey and will create a balanced look when used together. They can also be used to create highlights and shadows that will bring the details of the miniatures to life.