Basilicanum Grey from Citadel Colour is an acrylic paint that dries to a matte finish. This paint is a part of the “Contrast” range, which is designed to enhance details on miniature models. The pigment is quite thin, and as a result, it flows smoothly over the surfaces, making it an excellent choice for base-coating, shading, and highlighting. It can be used alone or as a foundation to build upon, making it a versatile addition to any miniature painting palette.
What armies to paint with Basilicanum Grey
Basilicanum Grey is a versatile color that can be used on a variety of Warhammer 40K armies. It is a great choice for painting vehicles, buildings, and even some infantry units. Here are three armies that could benefit from the use of Basilicanum Grey:
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus are a faction of cyborgs and tech-priests that rely heavily on machines and vehicles in their army. Basilicanum Grey is a perfect color to use on their tanks, walkers, and other mechanical units.
- Astra Militarum: The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, are a human army that relies on heavy tanks and artillery. Basilicanum Grey would be a great choice for painting their tanks and other vehicles, as well as any fortifications they might use.
- Necrons: The Necrons are an ancient alien race that relies on a combination of advanced technology and reanimation protocols to achieve victory. Basilicanum Grey can be used to great effect on their vehicles and constructs, giving them a sleek and menacing appearance.
Basilicanum Grey Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here are some Citadel Colour paints that could be used in conjunction with Basilicanum Grey:
- Mephiston Red: a bright, bold red that can provide a striking contrast against the cool tones of the grey.
- Runefang Steel: a bright silver with a metallic finish that can add some shine and dimension to metallic areas.
- Abaddon Black: a deep black that can provide a strong contrast and help to define areas of the model.
Based on the concepts of color theory, particularly the use of complementary colors and contrast, it was decided to enumerate these particular paints. Because red and green are complementary hues, they can highlight one another when combined. Despite not being a true green, Basilicanum Grey has chilly undertones that pair well with Mephiston Red’s warm undertones.
Abaddon Black offers a powerful contrast that can be used to define areas and add depth, while Runefang Steel is a vivid metallic color that can add a little shine and contrast to the model. You can give your model a balanced and eye-catching color palette by combining these hues.