Briar Queen Chill is a unique paint from Citadel Colour that can add a distinctive, icy touch to your miniature painting projects. As a base coat, this acrylic paint offers excellent coverage with a matt finish that provides a great foundation for layering and highlighting. The pigments in this color are finely ground and offer a smooth consistency that makes it a great addition to any miniature painter’s palette. Briar Queen Chill is an excellent choice for beginners and seasoned painters alike, as its versatility and coverage can help bring any model to life with a touch of frosty magic.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Briar Queen Chill
Briar Queen Chill is a cool-toned grey-blue color that can add a unique and striking look to your Warhammer 40K army. When selecting armies to paint with Briar Queen Chill, it’s essential to consider the color schemes of the different factions in the Warhammer 40K universe.
Here are three armies of the Imperium that would look great with Briar Queen Chill:
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Adeptus Mechanicus is a faction of the Imperium that values technology above all else. Their soldiers and machinery are adorned in a deep red color, which would contrast nicely with the cool-toned Briar Queen Chill. Painting their tanks and infantry in Briar Queen Chill would add a unique and eye-catching element to their army.
- Ultramarines: The Ultramarines are one of the most iconic factions of the Imperium. They are known for their blue armor, which would pair nicely with Briar Queen Chill. By painting the trim of their armor in Briar Queen Chill, you can add a subtle yet striking detail to their soldiers.
- Astra Militarum: The Astra Militarum is the largest faction of the Imperium, consisting of countless soldiers and tanks. Their color scheme is typically green, which would create a pleasing contrast with Briar Queen Chill. Adding the color to the highlights of their tanks and infantry would help them stand out on the battlefield.
In conclusion, Briar Queen Chill is a versatile color that can add an attractive dimension to many different armies of the Imperium. Whether you are painting soldiers, machinery, or tanks, this cool-toned grey-blue can help you create an eye-catching and unique army in the Warhammer 40K universe.
Briar Queen Chill Colour Schemes & Combinations
When selecting Citadel Colour paints to use in conjunction with Briar Queen Chill, it’s essential to consider the principles of color theory. Using complementary colors, split-complementary colors, and analogous colors can help create a well-balanced and visually appealing color combo. Here are some red, bone, and green Citadel Colour paints that can be used together with Briar Queen Chill:
- Khorne Red: Khorne Red is a bright, warm red color that can create a striking contrast with Briar Queen Chill. Using Khorne Red as a highlight on Briar Queen Chill or as the main color on a different unit can help balance the cool tones of the Briar Queen Chill.
- Ushabti Bone: Ushabti Bone is a light, creamy bone color that can create a cohesive look when paired with Briar Queen Chill. Using Ushabti Bone to highlight details on Briar Queen Chill or to paint other units, such as the skulls of Space Marine armor, can add depth and interest to your army.
- Warpstone Glow: Warpstone Glow is a bright, electric green color that can create a high-contrast look when used with Briar Queen Chill. Pairing these colors together can create an analogous color scheme, which can add a sense of unity to your army. Using Warpstone Glow as a highlight or for details on Briar Queen Chill can create a striking effect.
In conclusion, a harmonious and eye-catching color scheme can be produced by mixing red, bone, and green Citadel Colour paints with Briar Queen Chill.
You can design a pleasing and eye-catching appearance by using color theory concepts like complementary, split-complementary, and analogous hues. You may give your models more interest and depth by using different colors to highlight, darken, or detail your units.