Leviadon Blue is a rich, vibrant blue that will create a stunning foundation for your miniature painting. With a smooth acrylic formula and excellent coverage, it provides a great base coat for your models. The pigments used in this paint are of high quality, ensuring that the finished product will have a beautiful, long-lasting matt finish. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced painter, this colour is a fantastic addition to any miniature painting palette.
What Xenos armies to paint with Leviadon Blue
Leviadon Blue is a rich, deep blue color that could be used as a primary color for many different Xenos armies in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three potential options:
- T’au Empire – The T’au Empire is a faction of blue-skinned, technologically advanced aliens who use a variety of advanced weapons and machinery to fight their battles. Leviadon Blue would be a great choice to paint the armor of their soldiers and tanks, giving them a distinctive look on the battlefield.
- Aeldari (Eldar) – The Aeldari are an ancient race of beings who use advanced psychic powers and sleek, sophisticated machinery to fight their battles. Leviadon Blue could be used to paint the armor of their infantry, tanks, and other vehicles, providing a striking contrast to their otherworldly, almost ethereal appearance.
- Tyranids – The Tyranids are a hive mind race of alien creatures who consume everything in their path as they move through the galaxy. Leviadon Blue could be used to paint the armor and carapaces of their monstrous creatures, giving them a menacing, otherworldly appearance that would strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
In making these suggestions, I considered the various factions and armies within the Warhammer 40K universe and looked for those that had a strong association with blue, either through the color of their armor, soldiers, machinery, guns, tanks, or infantry. From there, I looked for armies that were considered “Xenos,” meaning they were non-human factions, to provide you with a range of options that might be less common than some of the more well-known armies like Space Marines or Imperial Guard.
Leviadon Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Green – Nurgling Green is a vibrant, sickly green that would provide a great contrast to the deep, rich blue of Leviadon Blue. This color combination uses complementary colors on the color wheel, meaning they are opposite each other, and is a great way to create a visually striking color combo. It’s important to balance the use of each color, so it’s recommended to use them in a 60/40 split, with the majority color being Leviadon Blue, and Nurgling Green being used as a highlight or accent color.
- Flesh – Kislev Flesh is a light, peachy flesh tone that would work well as a highlight or mid-tone color to contrast with the deep blues of Leviadon Blue. This color combination uses split-complementary colors on the color wheel, meaning they are adjacent to the complementary color of green. It’s recommended to use the flesh tone sparingly, in areas that need a highlight or to create contrast, to avoid overwhelming the blue hues.
- Bone – Ushabti Bone is a light, creamy bone color that would work well as a highlight or mid-tone color alongside the blue hues of Leviadon Blue. This color combination uses analogous colors on the color wheel, meaning they are adjacent to each other. It’s important to use these colors in balance to create a harmonious color combo, with Ushabti Bone being used as a highlight or accent color alongside Leviadon Blue’s dominant hues.